Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Milestones (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Woo Hoo!!! Back in the normal weight zone :^) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=447775)

NorCalStan Sat, Nov-10-12 09:46

Woo Hoo!!! Back in the normal weight zone :^)

After hanging at or above 175 for two weeks I weighed 172.8 this morning. Below 174 puts me in the normal zone for the first time in 23 years. :D

Mrs. Skip Sat, Nov-10-12 11:54

Congratulations! :cheer:

RuthannP Sat, Nov-10-12 12:39

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

gonwtwindo Sat, Nov-10-12 12:50

Wow - congratulations!!

slmrickman Sun, Nov-11-12 01:46

Great job.....................

JulieCosta Sun, Nov-11-12 03:10

I remember hitting that stage (I started out at about 205lb). When I moved into the 'overweight' classification, I lost that strange feeling that comes with being 'obese'. I only recognise that feeling now, at the time it was 'normal'.

becky7474 Sun, Nov-11-12 07:41

:cheer: :clap: :cheer:

anglgrl Sun, Nov-11-12 08:00

:clap: :Party: :yay: :thup:
Yay! So happy for you!

NorCalStan Sun, Nov-11-12 08:53

Thank you everyone for the encouragement and kind words. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieCosta
I remember hitting that stage (I started out at about 205lb). When I moved into the 'overweight' classification, I lost that strange feeling that comes with being 'obese'. I only recognise that feeling now, at the time it was 'normal'.

I remember that feeling, Julie. I actually got up to 213 (4 lbs into the obese class) before starting to lose weight. I weighted 198.5 the day I switched from lo-fat to Atkins. Now my body "feels" completely different. I no longer have to heave myself out of bed or a chair. I no longer get winded and am actually stronger since I took up exercising again. Looking forward to losing another 25 lbs or so over the next year. No rush...thanks! :thup:

never2late Tue, Nov-20-12 00:25

This is so encouraging to those of us who are slowly making our way to normal. Just not to have to grunt to get up off the floor or use some support to get out of a chair would be wonderful. Thank you for posting this.

NorCalStan Fri, Nov-23-12 08:51

Woo hoo...I lost weight on Turkey Day! :lol:

Yesterday morning I weighed 172.6 when I got up. I then roasted a turkey and made up all the fixin's, and we sat down to feast at 4pm. Of course, I didn't have any sugary or carby foods, just a big hunk of turkey, veggies and a small serving of dressing with reduced no-carb gravy. Still, I was pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning to discover I am down to 171.6, a new low.

I was so busy I skipped lunch yesterday...that no doubt helped. :thup:

pebbledot Fri, Nov-23-12 14:29

Great Job. A few years ago my employer instituted an extra $15 per pay period premium if you were above a certain BMI or if your waist was bigger than a certain measurement. I just found out that for the first time since they started imposing that I will actually be able to get out of paying it due to working Atkins.

NorCalStan Sat, Nov-24-12 08:49

What kind of premium is that, your deduction for health care?

pebbledot Sat, Nov-24-12 18:38

it's for my health insurance. I work for a health insurance company. They instituted additional $15 per pay period if you smoke, $15 per pay period if you don't get annual check up, and $15 per pay period for being above certain BMI and waist size. That is in addition to the regular premiums. I got out of the one for smoking and the one for the annual check up but the last one I was paying.

NorCalStan Sun, Nov-25-12 08:21

Ah, got it...thanks. I am retired Air Force. They didn't have that, but they would fire you if your BMI got above 30 for men, and IIRC 32 for women.