Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   51 Pounds in 67 Days (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=410448)

Bill L Wed, Apr-07-10 06:49

51 Pounds in 67 Days

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the short version of the story... it comes in 4 phases.

(60 year old male, 6'4" 310 lb, 10 weeks ago)

1. 2003 - Lost 80 pounds on South Beach

2. 2004 - Got cancer and gained 80 pounds

3. 2006 - Cancer in remission - tryed SBD but failed

4. 2010 - Started SBD + 1500 cal per day limit.

I started on February 1, 2010. I am EXTREMELY STRICT! And I never cheat. ( My wife really hates that. I wouldn't eat a bread crumb if it was the last food on earth... yes, I'm a fanatic... :lol: )

I'm definitely on a roll! I'm a little hungry, but it's worth it. I feel great! Lots of energy, and I've lost a ton of weight already... it makes everything easier.

Rhinosaur Wed, Apr-07-10 14:37

Wow...most excellent!! You're well on your way to your goal. Congrats!

Nicolby Wed, Apr-07-10 15:40

holy wow. Congrats!!

areed13 Wed, Apr-07-10 16:11

Kudos for your perserverence! That an amazing amount to lose in a short time. I was on another Weight Loss Program a few years ago and lost 65 lbs only to regain it when I stopped following the program. Now I think I have the mind set to do it again...Any tips? What kind of a low carb diet do you follow? I could use any advice you have to give to get back on track again. I'm never sure how low carb I should try to achieve.
Keep on doing what you do...I think it's great to see someone start over and do well. I've tried to restart a couple of times but didn't stay on track. Now I think I'm ready.
Areed 13
Ann from PA
:help: :help: :help: :help:

multimom Wed, Apr-07-10 19:11

WOW! What an amazing story...you are a real inspiration. :)

Bill L Wed, Apr-07-10 20:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by areed13
Any tips? What kind of a low carb diet do you follow?

I'm on South Beach, but I haven't strayed very far from phase 1. I keep a glass of water nearby at all times... hungry? Drink a big glass of water.

I snack on raw cauliflour 3-4 times a day.

Make all your salad dressings low fat and low carb, such as "Maple Valley Balsalmic Vinegarette", 1 gram carbs, 5 calories!!! Look at salad dressings. Some have ridiculoulsy high calories.

Calories are the key.

Open a "fitday" account and keep track of ALL FOODS EVERY DAY! www.fitday.com

For me, I just feel a little hungry all the time and I've gotten used to it. Some people can't stand that feeling, but I don't mind.

I have 40 pounds to go and I don't think it will be a problem.

When it's all over, I'll re-adjust my calorie intake to around 2000 and continue recording them on Fitday. If 2000 is too much, I'll cut it back to 1900. If I keep losing, I'll bump it to 2200.

Calories are the key. Cutting carbs is great, but it's not the complete answer. There are so many HIGH CALORIE foods that keep us from losing. Eat low calorie substitutes.

I used to eat red meat every day. Now I only eat it once a week... WHY??? Because red meat has 2-3 times more calories than chicken or fish!!!

I don't really think anything can stop me. :lol: (Lost another pound today... :agree: )

camcyd Fri, Apr-09-10 10:12

Congrats on your progress! You are doing fantastic!!!

SeaGail Fri, Apr-09-10 15:49

Congratulations!

What discipline!!! :clap: You are definitely an inspiration ... and although I know, as a 58-year-old woman I won't lose quite that fast, I still see what adhering to the program can do and it gives me hope.

CONGRATUATIONS AGAIN and THANKS!

Gail in WA

BellaLucia Wed, Jul-28-10 21:21

Wow, that is something!

tinadiva Mon, Aug-16-10 09:53

congradulations such an inspiration

toquee Mon, Aug-30-10 15:07

Congrats! That's great.

Hiigara Mon, Aug-30-10 16:05

I have to ask, losing so much so quickly have you suffered from sagging skin as a problem?

cody 11 Tue, Sep-07-10 23:59

congrats Bill

I have a question. Do you exercise? I am on SB also. I am wondering how you are doing now?

Aujuba Mon, Sep-13-10 19:18

Impressive. You're really kickin' it!

Wendyrvp Mon, Sep-13-10 19:25

Congrats. Your post encourages me in my journey. Your progress is amazing.
Keep up the wonderful work.