Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Milestones (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   6 months & 93 pounds lost (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=414141)

wowimheavy Sun, Jul-04-10 10:34

6 months & 93 pounds lost

Hello low carbers! :wave:

So today is my 6 month mark from when I decided to re-start low carb after reaching my highest point. I was 442 pounds.

I am now 93 pounds down to 349.

I decided this time was going to be the time that I put all the bs aside, followed my plan and didn't cheat. I can honestly say I haven't had one grain of rice, a single french fry or bite of ice cream. To me, if I do, I will want to binge. Simple as that - so I don't even bother.

I came back to this site, started a journal and updated my first page each time I weighed myself. Its pretty cool to see the numbers gradually decrease. They are coming down slowly these days, but thats okay - I don't need 3-5 pounds a week like in the beginning.

I found that for the past few months I am losing about 10-13 pounds per month, steadily. This is with nothing but eating my menu.. No exercising at all (I plan on that sometime soon). I have about 99 pounds still to lose, so I am hoping to be at my goal within the next year if I can maintain this 10-13 pound loss per month.

My friends and family are starting to notice.. When you are so big, as I am sure many of you can relate, you have to lose a good 60 pounds to make a dent in yourself :) It feels nice when people do say things and they can't believe how fast its come off.

The biggest question is always 'what do you eat?' - so here is a little run down of what i do..

breakfast: no
lunch: bowl of tuna
dinner: 2/3 pieces of chicken

breakfast: no
lunch: chunk of ground beef
dinner: 2/3 small pieces of chicken

Thats pretty much it. I should probably be taking a multivitamin, eating greens and breakfast, too, but I'll add that in eventually :) I stick to those 3 foods and rotate them through the week.

So 6 months in I am feeling a lot better. My ankle still hurts when I'm on it a lot, but I know its because I'm still pushing 350 pounds. I expect it to hurt.. all I know is that it feels a lot better than it did before.

Eating low carb is now just something I do. I don't have to worry about meals or not eating carby foods - its just something that happens now. People around me respect me and understand what I am doing, my wife is starting low carb again and I am excited for her to be a part of this, too.

I am sorry this is so long but I just wanted to share this milestone with my friends here..

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July!!

fire_dancr Sun, Jul-04-10 11:52

Great job! Congrats on all your weight loss! You are doing awesome!

awaldron Sun, Jul-04-10 11:54

Congrats on the success!

Exercise B Sun, Jul-04-10 12:02

Good Job!

Just wanted to say congrats! Good job!

And I will NOT remind you how important Breakfast is :)

ringamajig Sun, Jul-04-10 14:40

Congrats, what an accomplishment!

Roxanne

AliceAlice Sun, Jul-04-10 20:21

I'm so happy you posted this today, you are an inspiration!

Detra Sun, Jul-04-10 22:19

Good Job! Whatever works for you is what i say. I skip breakfast sometimes too.

Vampyress Mon, Jul-05-10 15:07

Congratulations on your weight loss. That's just awesome.

Never worry about not eating breakfast. There is no scientific evidence to support eating X amount of meals. For a lot of us, breakfast increases appetite.

A lot of low-carbers eat only one to two meals a day. So, don't worry about it.

I wish you and your dear wife great success.

JoAnn.Fit Mon, Jul-05-10 19:33

Congratulations on the incredible loss. For doing it your way and figuring out what works best for you!

redmountai Tue, Jul-06-10 22:47

That is great. I wish I could eat just 2 meals a day, what you are eating, but I get very tired and weak, and then have to eat more fat. I am not hungry in the morning and always have something because I am told that is important, but why and where is it scientifically proven the need to eat breakfast, when intermittent fasting works so well. I admire your food plan and would love to follow that myself, except maybe for some tea or coffee and vegetables.

wowimheavy Wed, Jul-07-10 10:41

Thanks everyone!

It is hard only eating those 2 things, but lately I have been eating more (ie: deli meat, some steak).. just been really hungry the past few days..

I do enjoy my diet coke.. If I didn't have that I think I'd probably go nuts! :)

anthonyc Wed, Jul-07-10 10:42

nice job!!

zicki Wed, Jul-07-10 14:47

Hurray! Congrats to you!

bhghatesyo Thu, Jul-08-10 09:01

thank you for posting this it is great motivation to see that other people are doing so well it makes me want to work even harder.

Corinne7 Thu, Jul-08-10 09:15

You have encouraged me to be more diligent,to NOT cheat,you are fantastic!