Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

margmmks Mon, Aug-16-04 08:18

Sounds wonderful, and I think I have everything I need in the fridge now. I'm going to try it today. Thank you.

Vydor Sun, Aug-22-04 21:11

I hope no one minds, but I was just messing around with this recipe program I found, and if you click

http://www.vydor.net/deepdishpizza.html

You can see what it created. Not bad, dunno if worth the $24 or not, but I might get. Now I just need to get the ingredients and make it. :D

db81971 Mon, Aug-23-04 08:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydor
I hope no one minds, but I was just messing around with this recipe program I found, and if you click

http://www.vydor.net/deepdishpizza.html

You can see what it created. Not bad, dunno if worth the $24 or not, but I might get. Now I just need to get the ingredients and make it. :D

That looks really nice, but I can't believe that it makes 4 servings.... we make 8 out of it, 6 servings if we don't have a salad with it. And always keep in mind, you still have to add the nutritional info for your toppings.

Beverly

Vydor Mon, Aug-23-04 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by db81971
That looks really nice, but I can't believe that it makes 4 servings.... we make 8 out of it, 6 servings if we don't have a salad with it. And always keep in mind, you still have to add the nutritional info for your toppings.

Beverly

I just guessed 4 serverings, I have not made it yet. :D

CheriYM Mon, Aug-23-04 09:44

I'd say it makes 4 "guy" servings and 6-8 "gal" servings :D

Vydor Wed, Aug-25-04 06:35

YUMMMMMY!!

Made this last night, changed a few things to deal with items I had on had, but was yummy!

BTW Cheri...
I cut it in to 8 slices, and my 5'1", 95 pound wife ate 2, so I guess she eats like a "guy" LOL!

MarciaM Mon, Aug-30-04 19:01

:lol: I have read through this whole thread and have almost 5 pages of this recipe's ideas from everyone! I will be trying this very soon and can hardly wait!

Marcia

easylyvin Sun, Sep-05-04 08:34

OMG! I FINALLY got around to trying this recipe and it was fabulous! We were going to a family get together with pizza, so I whipped this up for DH and I so we wouldn't feel left out. OH SO GOOD! A couple of Non LCers sampled this quiche and said it was "BETTER" than what they were having, which was one of the best pizzas in the city! Thank you so much for sharing this! This will have a permanant place in my recipe journal!

believer1 Tue, Sep-07-04 20:44

Allow me to throw my hat in the ring and say 'bravo'. My 8 year old son loves it and thinks it's real pizza dough under all those toppings. Even my wife thinks it's delicious. Thanks.

4beans4me Tue, Sep-14-04 18:03

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

I have been an ALC member for almost a year and FINALLY tried this recipe tonight.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Donald, you are the man! This is by far the BEST LC recipe I have tried so far. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :rose:

I omitted the heavy cream in the crust, and for toppings I used garlic alfredo, grilled chicken breasts, fresh garden tomato, spinach, and a sprinkle of onion. (calculated it to be 28 net carbs, and cut it into six huge pieces) It completely reminded me of the Gourmet Chicken pizza from Papa Murphy's. :thup: I also couldn't believe how the crust came out as a crust! I could easily pick up the pieces after they had cooled a few minutes.

I can't wait to try making this a bunch of various ways! The options are limitless!!! :yay:

Sincerely, Becki the Deep Dish Pizza Quiche Addict ;)

Amzippity Tue, Sep-14-04 20:28

I made this recipe over the weekend and it was good, but my crust wasn't very crust-like. It was soft and fell apart easily.
What should I have done differently? Should I have cooked it longer?

DWRolfe Thu, Sep-16-04 10:25

It is a quiche, so it's not going to be exactly "cust" like. But it sounds like you might want to cook the next one longer. I like to cook mine till it's brown and then top it and cook it even longer.

Hard to say what else may not have worked. Just be sure to get the liquid ingredients right, I guess.

Amzippity Sat, Sep-18-04 12:28

Donald,
Thanks for the response. When I first made it, I expected a quiche-like crust so I wasnt surprised about how it came out. Then I read that some people could pick it up with their fingers like a crust, so I thought maybe I did something differently. I'll try cooking it longer and see what happens. Thanks

DWRolfe Mon, Sep-20-04 10:08

For what it's worth, I can't really pick mine up with my fingers and eat it when it's hot. Definately when it's cold, but I think it would be messy when hot. I eat mine with a fork. :)

sassyB Wed, Sep-22-04 15:49

My crust is much firmer, but like 4beans above, I also omit the heavy cream. I can pick mine up while warm.