Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Maple Walnut Icing (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=215377)

4beans4me Thu, Nov-11-04 15:56

I've never made it with all of the Splenda packets, I like to save carbs with the liquid sweeteners, and yes, I've always made it in the 9x10. You can make it in smaller dishes with no problem, but you need to adjust the carb counts for however many thicker bars you get. :thup:

believer1 Fri, Nov-12-04 11:20

OK so I tried to make a layer cake last night. I planned on doubling the receipe but my wife said that boxed cake mixes make a 9 x 13 or two round cakes so I kept the receipe as-is. It came out alright. I got two very thin layers that wanted to fall apart as I handled them. Next time (probably next week) I WILL double it and see what happens. Still tastes delicious, though. :agree:

KCD Mon, Nov-15-04 09:21

This recipe is wonderful! I didn't have any almond flour, so I used 1 cup of LC baking mix instead. It turned out moist and had a wonderful flavor. I might try doubling the recipe and making it in a bunt pan for a pumpkin spice cake to take to Thanksgiving. Thanks so much, this is definitely a keeper. :agree: :thup:

kingb123 Wed, Nov-17-04 20:22

Anyone have calorie/carb count for the whole thing? I tried and it's too complex for mee to calculate lol

nutsnseeds Wed, Nov-17-04 20:33

Funny (and quick) story - I made this recipe last week and put it aside so I could enjoy it later. I was planning on freezing some since I am the only LCer in the house. My cleaning service came through and the pan DISAPPEARED. We have literally searched the whole house every cabinet, the fridge, the freezer, everywhere and can not find the pan or the goodies. I expect to one day find it green and fuzzy in a bizarre location. And yes, I did ask the service - they have no idea or wouldn't say. I am sure they thought I was crazy - "Um, did you guys happen to remember what happened to the 9x13 pan of pumpkin bars with maple cream cheese icing?" And no, I did not get to taste them. They sure smelled good, though.

hotmomma Thu, Nov-18-04 15:26

Any idea....

How many teaspoons this converts to for the Splenda? I buy the big bad of it not the small packets?? thanks! Melissa

kingb123 Thu, Nov-18-04 15:28

one cup of splenda. btw- i made it and it came out cake like. I would prefer more of a bar/brownie consistincy though. Is there any way to tweak the recipe to make this happen/ Thanks

4beans4me Thu, Nov-18-04 15:32

Mine turn out more like a bar when made with the Davinci, did you use all granular Splenda?

kingb123 Thu, Nov-18-04 15:37

I used all sweetzfree (liquid splenda)

4beans4me Thu, Nov-18-04 16:21

hmmm.. I would try with the Davinci, it adds extra fluid to the batter.

kingb123 Thu, Nov-18-04 16:23

i shall next time. i don't have unflavored davinci's though. you think it would work with cookie dough flavor? if not i could just add some water...

Beebuzz Thu, Nov-18-04 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnseeds
Funny (and quick) story - I made this recipe last week and put it aside so I could enjoy it later. I was planning on freezing some since I am the only LCer in the house. My cleaning service came through and the pan DISAPPEARED. We have literally searched the whole house every cabinet, the fridge, the freezer, everywhere and can not find the pan or the goodies. I expect to one day find it green and fuzzy in a bizarre location. And yes, I did ask the service - they have no idea or wouldn't say. I am sure they thought I was crazy - "Um, did you guys happen to remember what happened to the 9x13 pan of pumpkin bars with maple cream cheese icing?" And no, I did not get to taste them. They sure smelled good, though.

Next week the pan will "mysteriously" reappear, empty and all cleaned up ! :lol:

4beans4me Thu, Nov-18-04 20:38

I used vanilla davinci.. I've also subbed others with pumpkin and they have been fine. Do you have any SF maple syrup? Maybe try that?

kingb123 Thu, Nov-18-04 20:44

i do- that's a good idea. i'm going to make another batch for thnaksgiving, so i'll try that. thanks

LC-Laur Wed, Nov-24-04 16:11

They are INCREDIBLE! REALLY!!! I had to bake mine a little bit longer, but that may have been my oven... Either way, a must bake! :yum: