Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Crystal Light slurpee at 7-11?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=250301)

meegs Sat, May-21-05 16:17

Crystal Light slurpee at 7-11??

Hey!

I saw something at 7-11 ... it was a crystal light slurpee and was labelled 'sugar free'.. I didn't try it though as I am thinking it is too good to be true.

Anyone know anything about this? My husband tried one and he said you can tell it has no sugar (he isn't on LC). I didn't try any since I don't believe it.

bigted Sat, May-21-05 17:31

I heard about it late yesterday but the weather in Winnipeg has been the pits today. I will be trying one though and I would trust that it is ok for two reasons - Crystal Light normally has no sugar and I can't see their brand being used with a product having sugar. 2nd the fall out from serving a labeled sugar free product that has sugar would be unbelievable. If you are low carbing because you want to then a little sugar would throw you off, really annoy you and might even make you mad, but for a diabetic worse could happen. Once my Dad got regular Pepsi in a case of Diet Pepsi - it was amazing the lengths that Pepsi went to set it straight.

LukeA Sat, May-21-05 22:11

Had a "raspberry ice" crystal light slurpee today that i got at a local 711. SOrry but it was rather disgusting IMO....

steph z Sun, May-22-05 09:08

Sounds safe to me. Since I am a Type 1 Diabetic, I always carry my blood glucose monitoring supplies with me. I place a drip of the drink on the test strip to see if there is any sugar....it would pick it up, if there was. Some ketone test strips are dual strips - they check for ketones (purple side) AND glucose (green side). That is always an option.

I look forward to trying these drinks at 7-11. About time!

mnman Sun, May-22-05 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA
Had a "raspberry ice" crystal light slurpee today that i got at a local 711. SOrry but it was rather disgusting IMO....

Raspberry ice crystal light just isn't good as a drink, to me and most people I've known who've tried it. Try lemonade, pink lemonade or the orange sunrise.

bigted Mon, May-23-05 16:24

Well I had one today and I'd buy it again. I thought it was pretty good - but then it's been 2 years since I've had a slurpee.

Ayustar Mon, May-23-05 19:01

Ah, I guess I gotta go to 7-11 since I saw that they were "Coming Soon" and I love the raspberry flavor hehee. I love slurpees too!

Jade74 Fri, May-27-05 14:27

I haven't had a slurpee for almost TEN years... I can't believe they have sugar free slurpees!! I'll definitely be looking for one this weekend, even though the weather is crappy and cool here!

Jenn

Kristine Wed, Jun-01-05 05:39

I tried one and I thought it was pretty good. :thup: It was hot here yesterday.

Ayustar Wed, Jun-01-05 16:44

They are pretty good I got a huge one and drank the whole thing, yeah, you KNOW I didn't feel great after that hahaha.

Jade74 Thu, Jun-02-05 06:48

I finally got one on the weekend, and I really liked it! I don't think that we have any flavours but Raspberry Ice, though. I heard an ad on the radio, and they only mentioned the raspberry flavour.

Jenn

hap2cu Tue, Jun-14-05 11:16

I've had two. The first one was so good and I was so thrilled to be able to have a cold treat. The second one was just as good, but within an hour I was glued to the toilet and I swear the stuff acted like Drano!! Not sure if I'll be getting another one any time soon. Maybe I'm just not used to having so much aspartame.

Huskerchic Tue, Jun-14-05 11:24

My sister just got back from Tampa, FL and she said all the Circle K's in Tampa had Crystal Lite Slurpees. She had a Strawberry-Kiwi one and LOVED it !

I'm not sure if other places in the States have them but evidentally Florida does.

Kristine Tue, Jun-14-05 11:48

Florida's a pretty long drive from here, though. :D

Huskerchic Tue, Jun-14-05 12:34

But it's MUCH warmer........

(hee hee...! )