Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

Magicbyrd Wed, Jun-18-03 12:41

Been trying to find the time to make this "pizza" for about a week now. finally took a little extra time at lunch and made it. Messed up and didn't put the cheese in first...realized it about 15 minutes in...just added it on top. Don't know that it hurt it but will try to follow the recipe next time. Was very surprised at how much it really was like a pizza...guess I shouldn't have been after reading all these positive posts. Will try it with pepperoni "crust" next time. Also want to try the chicken alfredo version. Great receipe. Thanks for posting it Donald.

coolazchic Wed, Jun-18-03 15:19

Magicbyrd - Where is the chicken alfredo version? Sounds delish!

nicksmom Wed, Jun-18-03 19:37

Love the pepperoni crust! Interested in the chicken alfredo version, too! :)

nicksmom Wed, Jun-18-03 19:37

Love the pepperoni crust! Interested in the chicken alfredo version, too! :)

fern Thu, Jun-19-03 06:58

:cry: Donald Please Dont Go! I'm from the UK and I have made this Great Recipe and loved It . I have enjoyed your feed back on many questions people have asked concerning the Pizza and seeing your friendly face makes me smile :) So please come back and help us not so ( oh fay) on this pizza thing :wave:

Magicbyrd Thu, Jun-19-03 07:13

coolazchic,
I just saw that version (chicken alfredo) someplace in this thread. Basically you just use alfredo sauce in place of the pizza sauce and had chicken as your topping. The alfredo sauce, jar, I bought has fewer carbs as well compared to the pizza sauce.
I had cold "pizza" this morning for breakfast it was very good.

marchbaby Thu, Jun-19-03 21:21

sounds yummy!

Can yo actually pick this pizza up and eat it with your hands or does it require a fork?

Thanks

Angel66668 Thu, Jun-19-03 21:55

I can eat it with my hands just like a pizza.

nana Thu, Jun-19-03 22:21

Love this pizza I think I will make it again this week-end and try the alfredo version, I wonder what the pepperoni crust would taste like with the alfredo version? Probably not too good.

JoAnn

Azure Fri, Jun-20-03 06:55

You can pick it up. But it's still not nearly as firm as a pizza. I use a fork. Still tastes great.

coolazchic Fri, Jun-20-03 07:38

If you eat it right out of the oven you can't pick it up but if you wait a bit for things to cool down, wahla you can eat it like regular ol pizza. I will have to try the alfredo version without a doubt. This stuff is so nummy :thup:

ketodiva Fri, Jun-20-03 17:40

Good looking and you can cook...Whew!

Well DW,

I just made and ate the deep dish pizza quiche and let me tell you, it was the bomb. I think this was one of the most filling and fulfilling dishes I've had in a long time. And it's low carb.

I worked out the recipe on FitDay and came up with the following for 1 serving (1/6 of recipe). [What can I say, I have a big appetite].

Cal. 735
Fat 58g
Sat. 29g
Poly. 4
Mono. 25g
Carbs. 10g
Fiber 1.5g
Protein 43%

I used the following toppings: italian sweet sausage (3), 1/2 lg groung meat, 1/4 lb pepperoni; green pepper and red onions.

I think I love you. :wave:

RickinTN Sun, Jun-22-03 07:34

Quote:
Originally posted by coolazchic
Magicbyrd - Where is the chicken alfredo version? Sounds delish!

The only thing I found was that they just put cooked chicken and green onions and suateed them together and put them on as a topping

Magicbyrd Mon, Jun-23-03 08:05

I tried a Chicken Alfredo version over the weekend and it was very good. I followed the regular recipe until the toppings then added baked chicken (cut up) and green peppers and mushrooms on top of alfreado sauce. It was excellent. I had read originally that you could freeze some peices so I tried a couple just to see how they would turn out. I'll let you know when I thaw and warm probably later this week.
By the way...when I made the orginal a week or so ago I forgot to add the cheese on the bottom of the greased dish...I added it about 15 minutes into the process and it turned out fine. This time I followed the exact directions and the cheese helps make a firmer crust. Don't see the need for the pepporoni crust but will certainly use it as my topping next time I make this. :D

marchbaby Mon, Jun-23-03 13:51

just made this pizza

i used plain tomato sauce, can't find low carb sauce anywhere.

It came out ok, probably will
be better reheated? :wave: