Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anyone From Hamilton? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171676)

chefs Tue, Mar-09-04 08:42

Anyone From Hamilton?

Hello fellow Lcers. I am a chef living in Hamilton and was curious as to how many other LCers are also living here. It would be great to message and give support to fellow LCers in my area

chefs Tue, Mar-16-04 10:30

So I'm assuming theres no Hamiltonians on this board? Thats too bad, it would of been nice to chat and share with fellow hamiltonians following this WOE

Itty Mon, Mar-22-04 07:08

HI chef

Nope, I am not from the Ham, but if you wanted to come to a brunch in West-end Toronto, you can come meet some of us, including some from Ham, I think...?!

Good luck finding some folks there. I think there are some of the west enders on some of the Totonto threads.

Mary

tilt Mon, Mar-22-04 13:18

Hiya Chef,

I am a Hamilton guy! Started on Atkins on March 1 this year, just completed three weeks of Induction and have lost 9 pounds so far.

Cheers

chefs Tue, Mar-23-04 10:22

Itty, thats a nice offer, thanks. Its just too far to go right now, since I'm not driving. Maybe the next time I could take the bus? I'll have to look into that.

Tilt, nice to meet a fellow LCer from Hamilton. I would love to share cooking tips and support at any time. Congrats on the weight loss up to this point. I started Oct 1st and have lost 24 Lbs. I exercise 5 times a week and walk to work, so I have been also gaining muscle. I've been at astall now for 2 months but am still losing inches. Which is alright by me. The Lbs will come when their ready

tilt Tue, Mar-23-04 12:18

Chefs, I shall be going to the Toronto lunch with my wife. If you wish you could drive with us :)

About sharing cooking tips, I could give you vegetarian tips but for anything else I would be a taker, not a giver because we only started to cook non-vegetarian three weeks ago.

Cheers and congrats on your 24 lbs! I should start exercising :(

chefs Tue, Mar-23-04 21:17

Tilt, I'll have to pass this time around, this weekend coming up is my weekend to work. I work every 2nd weekend. But I would be interested if your wife and yourself plan on going the next time around. Thanks for the offer. I'll be on everyday, so I'll watch for a future get together.
I commend you both on doing Atkins vegetarian style. I believe that is amuch healthier decission. As long as your getting protein from other sources.

Itty Wed, Mar-24-04 08:33

Hey tilt!

Congrats on your nine pounds!

Mary (itty)

tilt Wed, Mar-24-04 09:18

Itty, thanks :) The scale gods finally sprinkled a little kindness my way :) Let's see when the Inches gods would do the same!

Chefs, two points: One, my wife is not doing Atkins, only I am. Two, I am not doing Atkins vegetarian style. I only said we never COOKED non-vegetarian at home :). Both of us eat non-vegetarian food regularly, only it has always been while eating out or take-out :)

I shall be glad to have you pile-on with us for the next met :)

Cheers all :)

chefs Wed, Mar-24-04 10:16

Oh .. sorry tilt, I misread. Again thanks for the offer. That would be great to meet other lcers in my area. I have had the great pleasure to know many from all around North America, but never this close to home. I will keep in touch once the next meet comes around

kath310 Wed, Mar-24-04 10:17

Hello Hamiltonians & the like! I'm in St. Catharines...just a jog down the QEW! :)

Congrats to everyone on great weight losses!! :)

Kristine Wed, Mar-24-04 10:33

Hey, I'm in St Catharines, too! Maybe we need a Hamilton/Niagara GT sometime!

kath310 Wed, Mar-24-04 10:49

A Golden Horseshoe GT? That would be great!! Kristine, congrats on your success too...your picture is awesome!! :)

chefs Wed, Mar-24-04 14:04

The 1st annual "Golden Horseshoe" LC GT. Sounds like a wonderful idea to me. The warm weather is ons its way, a nice outdoor (bring your favorite) LC food pot luck picinic. I could really go for that

Kristine Wed, Mar-24-04 17:52

Hey, that sounds great! :sunny:

Kath, thanks! I'll pop into your journal sometime.