Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Anybody in Southern California? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=101615)

Laural Mon, Apr-28-03 10:55

Anybody in Southern California?

Hi my husband and I are looking for other lowcarbers in our area, Southern California, Orange County, to get together a couple times a month for dinner parties, BBQs, potlucks, to socialize etc.

Roberta Thu, May-08-03 22:15

YEKSAC is from Redondo Beach, so she's pretty close to you.

I'm in the San Fernando Valley, that's not too far from you.

Roberta Thu, May-08-03 22:15

YEKSAC is from Redondo Beach, so she's pretty close to you.

I'm in the San Fernando Valley, that's not too far from you.

Roberta Thu, May-08-03 22:19

Sorry about the double entry, computer glitchie thing.

AprilB Sat, May-10-03 10:06

bummed!

I'm from the San Diego/Riverside county! I'm bummed I'm farther down south! :(

Sarahbeth Wed, May-14-03 01:20

Im in Socal - Cerritos

Im in so cal too. Im in cerritos. You know near disney land and knotts berry farm =)

Sarah

Laural Thu, May-15-03 16:24

Yeah! I knew there had to people nearby that was low carbing!

Please email me at ******* and we can chat more.

Moderator edit: Email address removed. Posting email addresses is in violation of our forum rules.

Laural Thu, May-15-03 16:27

Sarahbeth, do you have an annual pass to Disneyland?

Sarahbeth Thu, May-15-03 16:30

Nope dont have one. Maybe getting one would be a good idea, gosh i havent been there since i was a kid. =) I just moved back out here from AZ. My fiance and I go to Magic Mountain every now and then. How much are the DL annual passes anyway? =)

Sarah :D

I can be reached on aol or aol instant messenger as

Sarahbethx22

and can be emailed at

Moderator edit: Email address removed. Posting email addresses is in violation of our forum rules.

Alleine Fri, May-23-03 15:58

Escondido, San Diego here.

Hello! :wave:

Laural Fri, May-23-03 16:38

Hi Alleine

:wave:

Laural Thu, May-29-03 14:53

I'm still hoping to find some people close to me, I'm in Mission Viejo and would like to meet people in the same area, preferably within a 20 minute drive.

oOoLunaoOo Mon, Jun-02-03 17:05

I live in Costa Mesa, but am mostly at my boyfriends house in Irvine ... this counts right? I am 25 yr old female .. just FYI

..So did someone say something about a picnic!?! Hehehe ...

Laural Mon, Jun-02-03 17:31

Hey there, yep Irvine definitely counts, :)

How long have you been low carbing? Is your boyfriend low carbing too?

I am hoping to get couple more interested people, and then I will plan a picnic, or a bbq with all low carb foods. It should be a lot of fun! I'm surprised I'm not getting more people yet. I know there has got to be a lot of people doing Atkins around here, I wonder where they are keeping themselves. Yoo hoo where are you! :wiggle:

oOoLunaoOo Mon, Jun-02-03 17:59

Well he is not low carbing he said that he may try it, but he is Cuban you see and this man loves his rice and beans ..hehehe.. Um I also know if there was a picnic that he would come with me for support. Oh yeah and you asked me how long have I been doing this and I am only doing Induction now.

C'mon peeples speak up! Laural is right you know there has to be more in this area ... Peek-a-boo!

Oh and there is also a lady at work that is living this WOL and she said that this would be fun I am trying to get here to sign up on this forum anywho ... I better stop rambling