Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Has anyone NOT hit a plateau? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=102625)

whyspers Fri, May-02-03 11:35

Has anyone NOT hit a plateau?

I know its normal to do so, but I'm curious if anyone has lost steadily since they started without hitting that infamous plateau.

One of the things my gym uses to sell itself is "you work out and then you hit a plateau and don't see the results you want and we are different because we use target heartrate, etc." insinuating that if you go by target heartrate, you won't hit a plateau.

Anyway...just curious. I'm just a curious person sometimes...lol.

L

fingerz Fri, May-02-03 12:43

I haven't.

But i've only been on it 5 weeks so you don't wanna listen to me, really.

Jimdude Fri, May-02-03 12:48

I've only been at it for a little over 2 months. Haven't plateaued yet.

Jimdude :spin:

SweetSheri Fri, May-02-03 12:53

I also have been on for a little over two months with no plateaus ( Im just knocked on wood lol). :D

Elihnig Fri, May-02-03 13:01

The first time I did Atkins I lost 2 pounds a week, every week unless I cheated.

After taking time off to have a baby and leaving the program, and restarting in January, results have been totally different for me. I lost plenty during induction and would have pauses for 2 weeks or so every month.

Lately, the scale has been up and down, but the inches are flying off, compliments of Body For Life.

It can be totally different for you at different times in your life.
Generally as you get older it takes longer but stick with it, you'll come out a loser! :D

Beth

fishie48 Fri, May-02-03 13:19

I had a 3 week plateau after induction and then restarted losing, so far so good. 'I'll hate when I plateau again.

lcmema Fri, May-02-03 13:25

yes, I have...

...for at least 5 weeks, and after an initial loss of 17lbs. But after reading posts on this forum, I decided to eat more. And magically I began to lose again. I love a diet where you have to eat MORE to lose weight. Amazing.

fairchild Fri, May-02-03 14:04

Heartrate

Good ad for a trainer to use.
Your heart rate is a good measure of whether or not you are healthy targetting it is a good idea.
I have never been worried about a plateau at the gym-
but again your heart rate is an excellent measure of overall health and if you can manage it during exercise and continue reducing it you will not hit a plateau with Atkins or at your gym !

2Airedales Fri, May-02-03 15:36

Whoosh

I was at a plateau for 3 weeks but today I got on the scales & whoosh 3 lbs gone! I stopped eating the Ross chocolate bars. But I haven't given up light beer or wine!
BTW I haven't felt this healthy in a long time.
I had my phisical this week and My doctor said that He actually likes the Atkins plan!! I'm on Synthroid for my thyroid and my TSH was normal :yay:

paradise Fri, May-02-03 16:14

I've been LCing for 9 1/2 months now. It seemed that my 21 lbs. came off easily in the first four months (w/out exercising). While I was losing that weight, I'd hit mini-plateaus, I would stay with a weightloss for a long time (15 lbs. lost and 18 lbs. lost come to mind because they were the last mini-plateaus). Now, it seems I'm on an indefinite plateau (I'd love to budge past 21 lbs. lost, believe me), so I was thinking I was on some sort of pre-maintenance or perhaps I have settled in at my ideal body weight, just short of goal. I've recently tried to shake things up a bit, i.e. not weighing everyday, upping the fat, reducing calories, exercising, staying away from sf chocolates. I will next weigh myself on Mother's Day. I am participating in MaryToU's Mother's Day Challenge. Hopefully, the whoosh fairy will leave me a little present that day.