Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

ddaniels Tue, Sep-12-06 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by egnue
OMG!!!!!!!!! I just made and ate it. All I can say is WoW and well done!!

Super yummy!!! Several meals of leftovers!!

You are the best cook ever hugs to you!!

Yum yum!!!
Gen

finally something new!!

any guess on carb count?

Here is a discussion of the carb count question for this dish:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...9795#post539795

sldeal Wed, Oct-11-06 12:48

Just when I thought I was done experimenting, I come across this. Now I have to run out to the store so I can experiment on Saturday. This recipe sounds delicious.

sldeal Fri, Oct-13-06 11:43

This Isn't Quiche, It's Pizza

:yay: Made it today and it turned out excellent, much better than I expected. I was expecting the crust to be eggy but it wasn't. I can't wait until my son comes home to try it, he's the real critic.

I made two alterations:
I added 2 1/2 Tbs almond flour to the egg mixture; and I crumbled about 20 pepperoni chips at the bottom of the dish before pouring egg mixture.

I had a very firm crust which can be picked up with your hand. Delicious! :yum:

Walkerbabe Fri, Oct-13-06 12:30

Yep, this one is definitely a keeper. It is already a part of my arsenal of
LC recipes~ a definite Superbowl party dish!

sldeal Sat, Oct-14-06 15:20

Breakfast was yummy

Had leftovers for breakfast today and tasted better today then yesterday! Crust still nice and firm, I'm wondering if I should try for a little more almond flour the next time??? This one is a keeper.

DrH Sun, Oct-15-06 08:26

This dish is amazing and my husband also loved it (he had it for breakfast this morning). I actually doubled the recipe as the cream cheese comes in 8oz blocks and the cooking time was the same. I topped it with sauted mushrooms, onions, and ground beef! Thank you so much for posting this!!!

P.S. Has anyone tried to freeze it?

klc145 Sun, Oct-15-06 08:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrH
P.S. Has anyone tried to freeze it?

Here are a few posts about freezing it:

Post 1

Post 2

DrH Sun, Oct-15-06 09:25

Thanks, but given how much my husband loves it, I doubt I will have to freeze this batch and it should be polished off by tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc145
Here are a few posts about freezing it:

Post 1

Post 2

Humrz28 Wed, Oct-18-06 17:15

This is definately one of my favorite recipes ever! I've made this about 100 times since finding it. I stay the weekends with my boyfriend and his family... they are FAR from diet friendly. Between this and the practically no carb pancake recipie I found, I don't feel like I'm missing out anymore. I didn't see any pics posted anywhere so I figured I'd post a couple of how mine turned out (just made it, lol). Pepperoni and mushroom, YUM! Sorry about the picture quality... a .25 MP camera can only do so much, lmao (I know, time to upgrade!)

sldeal Thu, Oct-19-06 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humrz28
This is definately one of my favorite recipes ever! I've made this about 100 times since finding it. I stay the weekends with my boyfriend and his family... they are FAR from diet friendly. Between this and the practically no carb pancake recipie I found, I don't feel like I'm missing out anymore.

Yep, I know the feeling, I'm ready to bake it again on Saturday. It may become a weekly for me - usually makes 5-6 servings so I can have for several days. :yum:

LattéLover Sat, Oct-21-06 18:01

SO happy this recipe is still here 4 years later; thank-you, moderators!!! I will definitely try it this week. My BF shoudl be so happy bc he often wants pizza when we go out but is so encouraging, that we usually go to other types of restos since I can get some favourite low carb dishes......and he never complains......I think he deserves a low-carb pizza! And me too!

Latté Lover

sldeal Sat, Oct-21-06 19:42

Used a Pizza Pan for Real Pizza

I just had to make this pizza again today and it turned out much better. Actually I had to laugh to myself because as I was following the directions I realized the last time I made it wrong, I made it wrong but it was so good I didn't realize it at the time. Anyway this time I decided to add 3 Tbs almond flour and instead of using the deep dish I used a pizza pan instead. And guess what, it looked just like pizza, and the crust tasted like real crust! I don't think I can call this DDPQ anymore I have to call it LC Pizza.

DrH Sun, Oct-22-06 10:34

I made this again yesterday and loved it! However, the first time I made it I doubled the receipe and cooked it in one casserole dish. This time, I also made a double recipe and divided it into two dishes. I have to say that I liked it better the first time. Do not get me wrong, it was still good, but I prefer the thicker pieces and it wasn't as "chewy". Just a suggestion to try it this way too....

penelope Sun, Oct-22-06 12:30

So, if you use a larger pan you get a stiffer crust???

DrH Sun, Oct-22-06 13:54

I used two 8x13 pans this time - the last time, I used one and it all fit. I liked it better the first time. However, it does rise and hence, you cannot get as many toppings on as it will overflow - enough though for it to be very tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelope
So, if you use a larger pan you get a stiffer crust???