Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   My story (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=37518)

TammyL Sun, Mar-17-02 16:19

My story

I started three months ago on Dr. Atkins and now I have reached my goal weight I have so much energy. My husband loves the way I look and my attitude has changed a great deal. I love getting up every morning! :thup: I love playing with my kids they are the ones that inspired me to do this not just for me alone. Thanks a great deal for having a diet htat works and every well. :wave:

j. mcadams Tue, Mar-19-02 17:31

WTG TammyL, I just want to know are you at the 140 goal that is shown on your stat?? You have done great. I did not find a journal on you. I would love to know what kind of different low carb. food you ate. Congrats. you have done great. joan :cheer:

TammyL Wed, Mar-20-02 18:28

hi

I had lots of salads I like them the most. Eggs and meat.

b-ready Thu, Mar-21-02 16:26

are you at 140?

have you reached 140 already? please please.. more detail on what you ate and how much.. more .. more... :)

TammyL Thu, Mar-21-02 16:54

hey

I ate six small meals that weigh I didn't get as hungry. I usely ate 1c. of salad
put 1oz. of cheese
a hard boiled egg
and I had 2 crackers
and water
drinklots of water I usely drank 2quarts of water that is about what you should have. For lunch I uselyhad an egg the whites only you just have to try and see what works for you. I also go out and walk a mile a night when its too cold to do that I usely get on my treadmill.

b-ready Thu, Mar-21-02 16:59

so basically im eating too much

on the people that i see are successful.. they are eating way less that 10x their body weight.. and way too much cheese...

TammyL Thu, Mar-21-02 17:12

That's why I only eat an ounce a day that weigh I don't eat that much

slimchance Thu, Mar-21-02 17:23

Hi folks! :wave:

b-ready--a lot of the reason that people are eating less than the recommended amount of calories is that it becomes really hard to eat that many calories. It is not a good idea to eat too few calories because your body needs a certain number of calories to function properly. Without enough calories you risk losing muscle mass and comprimising natural body functions.

Try to keep the calories up with additional fats...it really doesn't take much. You don't want your body to think it is being starved and try to conserve (stall). Many people eat less, more often. Check with Nat, I'm sure she would have lots of resources on the subject.

Congrats on all the success everyone!! Oh what I would do to get to 140!! Soon...soon....

KC :D

In_Control Wed, Mar-27-02 21:28

Tammy...Did you lose 80 pounds in 3 months????

I've gotta know. Did you really lose 80 pounds in 3 months! Gosh, that is incredible!!!!!!!!

If that's the case, I'm eating salads every day for 3 months too!!!!!!

Also I didn't see that you ate any salad dressing. IS that right????

Please let me know!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB! :thup:

b-ready Thu, Mar-28-02 10:37

yea, let me know too!! :thup: