Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Pilates anyone? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=407309)

34dddkat Sun, Jan-31-10 20:43

Pilates anyone?

Hello everyone, :wave:

Hope you are having a great day so far....

I wanted to know if anyone has use Pilates at home DVD's???

When did you see results and how often a week did you do it and for how long each session??

Im starting my first session for 40 min tomorrow and going to do 3-4 days a week. When should i notice results?

lizzyLC Mon, Feb-01-10 08:15

Hi Julie,
I don't know when one would see results. Probably in a few weeks. I'd join you but I'm under the weather. I plan to start next week or whenever I get over this thing. I have a couple of pilates DVDs. Which ones do you have? I was going to start doing Winsor. She has a 20 minute and a 60 minute routine. I also have a half hour core workout that I like.

34dddkat Mon, Feb-01-10 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyLC
Hi Julie,
I don't know when one would see results. Probably in a few weeks. I'd join you but I'm under the weather. I plan to start next week or whenever I get over this thing. I have a couple of pilates DVDs. Which ones do you have? I was going to start doing Winsor. She has a 20 minute and a 60 minute routine. I also have a half hour core workout that I like.

Hi Lizzy,

I too have the Winsor 20/60 min DVD
I hope you feel better soon. We will have to post our results weekly :)

lizzyLC Mon, Feb-01-10 20:33

Julie,
I have to ease into a pilates routine so I'd probably start with the 20 minute session every other day. I tend to injure myself easily. I'm also not sure of the results I'm expecting. Better posture for sure, generally more tone. It'd be great to have a pilates weekly check in. I guess I'll log my measurements at home and see how it goes. I also like to do light weights using an exercise ball. I guess I like to mix it up. I wouldn't mind a committment to pilates at least three times a week.

34dddkat Mon, Feb-01-10 21:08

Hi Lizzy,

I do the Elyptical 3 days a week and now I am going to commit to 3 days a week for Pilates for the first month at 20 min each. I posted new pics so you can see what my ugly body looks like now and hoping that all goes away by end of summer with ZC and Pilates. I will take measurements tonight as well and post those

lizzyLC Wed, Feb-03-10 17:03

Your pics aren't ugly!! You wouldn't talk to a friend that way.

Morro Bay is beautiful.

I'll probably start in a few days. Still feel like crapola. I thought I'd be better by now.

34dddkat Wed, Feb-03-10 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyLC
Your pics aren't ugly!! You wouldn't talk to a friend that way.

Morro Bay is beautiful.

I'll probably start in a few days. Still feel like crapola. I thought I'd be better by now.

Dont worry I havent started either. Im starting Thurs morning since I had Family issues and business to deal with so I had no time to do even 10 min let alone 40 lol

FtballMom Wed, Mar-31-10 21:58

Hi - just jumping in to see if anyone is keeping up with Pilates?

I just finished a beginners class at my gym (which now means I can join the regular mat class) and have a few dvd's at home. I'm trying to do the Intermediate dvd 3 days a week, alternating days with power walking. I've definitely noticed being "pulled in" around my core, and have aching abs, which is a good thing.

Good luck!

Groovegirl Mon, Jun-14-10 20:43

I have been teaching pilates for several years and I can tell you if I teach once a week it helps a lot with core stablization, if I teach 2 to 3 times a get a 6 pack.

With pilates, I think it is important to go to a class and get corrections first before doing the dvds. OR when you do the dvds, get in front of a mirror and make sure your form matches what is going on. Positioning is everything in pilates.