Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Post/report bugs here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=232506)

tamarian Tue, Sep-11-07 07:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnn
I have a problem with Custom Foods. I entered a custom food Protein Shake-Carb Solutions with all the nutrients I have listed in my cookbook. And that is fine, however, when I enter it as a food for the day, the protein is listed as 8.6, the number for fat; fat is 3.4, the amount of fiber; the PECC should be 3.6, not 1.5 and the calories should be 169, not 71. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug?

:idea: Also when entering some food can we have a listing for "one serving" instead of 100 g or tbs? I have a cookbook on my computer (Now Your Cooking) that I enter foods from and the total recipes don't have the food amts listed by grams but by servings.

Thanks for all the hard work you do! :thup:

For the first question, the numbers are relative to the portion selected. If you select a portion equal to the nutrition label, you should get numbers equal to those listed on the label.

For the second question, yes, you can enter a name for the serving. Just click the "Custom size" link in the custom foods form.

Wa'il

tamarian Tue, Sep-11-07 07:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimLynne
If I click on your link I can post as I see the new thread button...but how can I keep this set up so I can post in the future? I am new to the forums & wish to be more active in posting. Thanks.

You will always find the "New thread" link on every sub-forum page. Just go to the area of interest, like the recipe section, and click "new thread".

Wa'il

JAnn Tue, Sep-11-07 11:46

Thanks, I will try that!

DivaDani Mon, Sep-17-07 19:36

Hi tamarian,

I just updated my weight and body fat in the My PLAN section, but I can't figure out how to update the charts so they show all my data. (The weight chart has entries from June-Sept., but the chart only shows data through Aug. The BF% chart doesn't show any data points, but I've entered a couple.)

It may be user error, but I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

Ghoulia Tue, Sep-18-07 15:55

Dunno if this is the right place, but here it goes!

Seems as though things aren't being calculated right.

If a gram of protein is 4 cals, a gram of fat is 9 cals and a gram of carb is 4 cals, then THIS: 1.7carb 1.2pro 22.2fat = 207 cals is WRONG.

1.7X4=6.8 1.2X4=4.8 22.2X9=199.8 then the TOTAL CALORIES should be 211.4

I just added up all my foods doing that for all my entries and they are ALL WRONG.

Now, granted, it's only off by a few calories here and there, but that adds up and at least the addition should be right!

I'm only bein' persnickety because I have a target to hit (of cals, protein, fat and carb) and right now i'm ten calories OVER and it ain't so! It just doesn't add up correctly.

And what I'm adding up is NOT a custom food.

Thanks!

Julia

tamarian Tue, Sep-18-07 15:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaDani
Hi tamarian,

I just updated my weight and body fat in the My PLAN section, but I can't figure out how to update the charts so they show all my data. (The weight chart has entries from June-Sept., but the chart only shows data through Aug. The BF% chart doesn't show any data points, but I've entered a couple.)

It may be user error, but I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

Try to refresh the page your browser, usually Ctrl+F5

Wa'il

tamarian Tue, Sep-18-07 16:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoulia
Dunno if this is the right place, but here it goes!

Seems as though things aren't being calculated right.

If a gram of protein is 4 cals, a gram of fat is 9 cals and a gram of carb is 4 cals, then THIS: 1.7carb 1.2pro 22.2fat = 207 cals is WRONG.

1.7X4=6.8 1.2X4=4.8 22.2X9=199.8 then the TOTAL CALORIES should be 211.4

I just added up all my foods doing that for all my entries and they are ALL WRONG.

Now, granted, it's only off by a few calories here and there, but that adds up and at least the addition should be right!

I'm only bein' persnickety because I have a target to hit (of cals, protein, fat and carb) and right now i'm ten calories OVER and it ain't so! It just doesn't add up correctly.

And what I'm adding up is NOT a custom food.

The 4/4/9 numbers you're using are approximations for the actual values. The values used are based on the USDA database.

Example: http://forum.lowcarber.org/myplan.p...s&item_id=23547

At the bottom, notice the factors used:

Quote:
Energy Factors
Nitrogen factor 6.25
CHO (carbs) factor 3.87
Protein factor 4.27
Fat factor 9.02

So the tool is actually being more "persnickety" :)

Wa'il

Ghoulia Tue, Sep-18-07 16:46

Well PRAISE JESUS!

Cuz mama ain't no math whiz and this was givin' me a headache!

LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!

Thanks for clearing that up... and right quick like!

Joooooooooooolia

Ghoulia Tue, Sep-18-07 16:56

Now wait, hold up a minute - then how come this:

39.2carb 54.9pro 59.1fat 22.0fi = 840cals doesn't add up to 919.209 when I multiply it by all the things up there?

Fiber subtracted somehow? is there a goofy number for fiber too?

Oh i'm sooooo confoooooooooooooooozzzzed again!

tamarian Tue, Sep-18-07 17:02

Quote:
Now wait, hold up a minute - then how come this:

39.2carb 54.9pro 59.1fat 22.0fi = 840cals doesn't add up to 919.209 when I multiply it by all the things up there?

It might help me understand what you're doing if you post a link to the food item you think is calculated wrong :)

Wa'il

Ghoulia Tue, Sep-18-07 17:05

It HAS to be the fiber one.... please explain it to me, please!

My brain hurts.

If you need more info, I've got a box of it right here.... oy, me cranium!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/myplan.p...y&day=2007-9-18

julia

tamarian Tue, Sep-18-07 17:18

Quote:
It HAS to be the fiber one.... please explain it to me, please!

My brain hurts.

If you need more info, I've got a box of it right here.... oy, me cranium!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/myplan.p...y&day=2007-9-18

This link does not help me, it shows me my items :)

I need the link directly to the food item you're trying to calculate, like this link is for beef chunk: http://forum.lowcarber.org/myplan.p...s&item_id=23547

If you're trying to calculate the totals for the day (because you linked to a totals page), it calculates each food item differently, based on the USDA values for each food item, each with it's own energy factors.

There's a large PDF file on the USDA site explaining all these factors.

Wa'il

Ghoulia Tue, Sep-18-07 17:30

Yeah, it's this:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/myplan.p...ls&item_id=8244

It says 30 carbs, but isn't counting them in the calorie count.

Oooof.

I dunno how they can do that - the company, not you guys.

25 grams of carbs, then 11 grams of "other carbohydrates", so they do something wonky with the fiber to come out with that calorie count?

I think the most reasonable thing to do is NEVER EAT IT AGAIN!!!

Thanks again for all your help,

Julia

Just so you don't think I'm completely a freak of nature - I'm on a cut, and I need to hit my macros of 1400 cals, 114protein, 86fat, 44carbs and 25 grams needs to be fiber. So there ya go! Not a freak show here, just tryin' to do what I'm s'posed to do!

LOL79 Thu, Nov-15-07 05:54

This might be a small bug to check out --

In the cardio log, it says I burned 156 calories for today's exercise. However, on the "Daily Summary" page, it says I burned 167 calories for today's exercise.

The 167 is what I was burning formerly (when my weight was higher), but its not correct currently.

I've checked a few pages back, and this is a patterned error.

BTW -- It's a great program, and extremely helpful. Thanks!

TiredFedUP Tue, Jan-22-08 06:05

Hi there. I think there is a problem with walnut oil calories in the database. Every time I add a table spoon of walnutoil, I've got an outrageous 3000 extra calories that pop up. it should be 9 calories x 15 mL= 135 calories or thereabouts.