Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

CAINNE Fri, Jun-27-03 08:56

Tried this dish last week, everyone in the family loved it. I have tried many dishes from here and my wife, who does LC also, usually has some recommendations, but this one was good as it was. Even my kids, 4 and 5, could not get enough of it!

Thanks for a great recipe!

CAINNE Fri, Jun-27-03 08:59

Oh I forgot.
I made my own sauce from tomato paste, water and spices. turned out really well. A fine option if you can not find a LC sauce.

Was great frozen and reheated too!

kat123 Sat, Jun-28-03 17:19

pizza quiche using tomato sauce okay??

Hi,

I saw some recipies for deep dish pizza quiche. sounds great. I don't have any spaghetti sauce. Do you think tomato sauce will work? I also saw a recipie but can't find it anymore that was kinda like it. It said to use ground sausage as the bottom, then put hamburger on top, sprinkle with cheese, spaghetti sauce and any other toppings. Does this sound right??

thanks

Kat

marchbaby Sun, Jun-29-03 07:49

I thought this recipe was ok,

not bad, not great, kind of mediocre.

My fav. low carb pizza recipe is 'Zucchini Pizza" from Dana Carpender's "500 Low Carb Recipe" cook book, it's really phenomenal and I'd be happy to share the recipe.

fern Mon, Jun-30-03 02:47

:) Marchbabe please do share your recipe with us :wave:

marchbaby Tue, Jul-01-03 08:20

Sure Fern

I posted it as a new thread. enjoy!

pegva Wed, Jul-02-03 08:39

Okay, Okay

I finally tried this. And YES, you guys were right... it's awesome.

Brought some leftovers for lunch today... can't wait.

Hubby liked it better cold (think I do too).

I really like the texture and consistency of the "crust", can't wait to try variations... thinking about a ham and swiss idea. :idea:

beginagain Wed, Jul-02-03 21:12

Thanks for the recipe! It was good. My husband who isn't low-carbing (doesn't need to) enjoyed it very much.

Tiffanylip Sat, Jul-05-03 18:38

Just wanted to say that I made the receipe last night for some friends and it was a huge hit! The pizza crust idea was great!

Thanks so much for the receipe!
Tiffany

carbon8tr Tue, Jul-08-03 11:55

Well that certainly looks GREAT!!! I can't wait to try this recipe over the weekend!
Peggy :yay:

Iowagirl Wed, Jul-09-03 14:14

Brandon - you're a hoot!

I make this recipe all the time - tastes good cold if you haven't already noticed that.

I have also used taco meat (hamburger and that orange dust you can buy 3 for $1.00) and Mexican blend cheese for a taco pizza kind of thing.

valkyrie9 Fri, Jul-11-03 13:49

would this be okay for induction? i'm new to low carbing and i'm a terrible cook, so i just want to make sure before attempting it. also, any idea what the carb count is?

thanks!

amy001 Fri, Jul-11-03 23:54

i have a question: what is the base like?---taste wise. i haven't made very many LC recipes. just thinking about it, i can't really imagine what eggs, cream cheese, cream, cheese and spices taste like baked.

and congratulations. it looks pretty good, especially since you claim to not cook.

:roll: amy

laura_moan Sat, Jul-12-03 10:37

The pizza actually tastes like pizza!

I just made this for the first time the other day and I was very surprised that it tasted as good as it did! I may try making the crust next time with one less egg--its not too eggish but I just want to see if it will get a little more "bread" like (I didn't want to mess with the recipe the first time making it!)

skejf Sun, Jul-13-03 23:10

My wife and I made this recipe today and it was great! I know this will become a regular dish in my home for now on! :yum: