Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Deep Dish Pizza Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087)

surfer376 Fri, Sep-26-03 17:43

Quote:
Posted by Reckupjd - Sep-24-03 at 13:52
Can anybody tell me if this is ok during induction and what the net carb count is?

Don't know about induction...but I would think so.

click here for carb count

DWRolfe Wed, Oct-15-03 15:02

It's AOK for Induction, assuming your toppings follow Induction guidelines. Just be careful, as it's hard to stop at one piece!

Enjoy--Donald

ykmaggie Fri, Oct-17-03 17:27

I just checked my fridge and no mozarella, sooo...

I'm going to make it with cheddar, salsa, ground beef, halepenos, black olives and chili powder, and serve with sour cream.

I'll let everyone know how it turned out....

Maggie

Thank you for the base recipe, it sounds delish!

AshGrrrr Fri, Oct-17-03 18:04

Mine was good, although I would cook the crust crispier next time...and Im full! :yay:

ykmaggie Fri, Oct-17-03 21:25

Reporting back, my 'taco' pizza quiche was awesome! I had to threaten the kids (teenagers) least they take more than their share. Everyone loved it!

I smothered the ground beef with halepenos, black olives and cheddar cheese. Instead of pizza sauce, I used half pizza sauce and half salsa.

This will definately be a Friday night standby, and I'm sure the rest won't last longer than tomorrow morning.

Maggie

Ohio Kim Mon, Oct-20-03 14:15

Mmmm, Mmmm Good!

I made the Deep Dish Pizza over the weekend and I can honestly say, I think this is the best thing I have eaten since starting this WOE. I will definately be making it again and again.

momx6 Tue, Oct-21-03 08:55

deep dish quiche pizza

This recipe is the "BOMB"! Even the kids love! Thanks to whoever put this on here!

175 start
162 now YEAH!

suzanneM Tue, Oct-28-03 21:23

there should be some type of forum, or sticky, or list... "board's favourite recipes". like listing links to the original thread, so that newbies can not only get the original recipe, but all the versions folks come up with by jacking round with it.

this is one of my favs. i can get sick of it fairly quickly if i try to eat it like regular pizza (eating more than one or two slices at a time), but with a salad first, it's perfection.

i didn't even think of feta & spinach.

Dena241 Sat, Nov-01-03 10:14

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, I really did not think I could have something this great, what an awesome recipe! Non LC-ing husband and son loved this too, had to hide the last pc in the freezer for myself! Thanks so much, this is going to be a regular here on Thursday nights!!

happydana Mon, Nov-03-03 07:07

Carb Count

I made this dish last night and it is the best low carb dish I have ever had. Thanks Donald.
Also What is the total carb count on this dish?

DWRolfe Mon, Nov-03-03 18:52

It depends according to what you top yours with, happydana, but here's one set of stats that was previously posted for DDPQ:

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per 1 serving
Calories 370
Calories from Fat 234

% Daily Value *
Total Fat 26g 40%
Saturated Fat 13.25g 66%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.75g
Monounsaturated Fat 9.12g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 7.12g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1.12g 4%
Protein 25g 50%
Alcohol 0g

There have been others posted within this thread as well. You may want to go back a few pages and see if you can find others. Basically, I figure mine at 6 carbs per slice.

Donald

surfnmom Tue, Nov-04-03 03:03

Wowwwwww
Ok I am a beliver, tryed this last night and man it was hard to stop eating. LOL. The crust reminded me of ricatta cheese, and my kids had a hard time beliving that there was no bread. Had to make 2 as they like everything on theres which I call a garbage pizza while I am a plan peproni and cheese lover :). I use foil baking pans that worked well, so today since I still have the stuff to make more, Im going to bake more crust up and freeze them, That way I can pull out top and bake when the pizza urge hits LOL. Great Recipe and a most to try. Have a great day everyone.

surfnmom Tue, Nov-04-03 08:46

:yay:
Ok I did it. I just maded up 4 pizza bottoms, and they are safely in the freezer. So I am sooooooo ready to go when that pizza craving hits. Throw that bottom on a cookie sheet, top and then eat. Just the easy part left to do :lol: Thanks so much for posting this recipe. you know looking at the bottom, kinda wonder if it could be sliced like a bread stick. put alittle garlic butter then stick under the broiler hmmmmmmm may have to try that. Again thanks for everone bumming this to the top. :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

meows Tue, Nov-04-03 15:29

I have 3 words to say----FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!!!!

I saw the recipe and read the reviews but thought-how could it be? I just made it for lunch (and used lite cream cheese for less carbs), made my own sauce w/ plum tomatoes, topped w/ pepperoni and mushrooms, and OMG! I figured it all out in fitday, and for 1/4 of pie it's 5-6 carbs! (Couldn't find info in Italian seasonings on this board's carb counter or on fitday-probably only 1-2 carbs I'd think). Even having a nice salad w/ 1/8th of pie would be fab and only 2.5-3.5 carbs--what a deal!

I'm so pleased to know I won't ever feel deprived because "I can't ever have pizza again"--now I can!

Thank you Donald--big squishy hugs!!!! :yay:

Dena241 Tue, Nov-04-03 17:21

Making this (it is in the oven) with a new twist tonight-a modified version of this and the collaboration lasagna-hoping the results are half as great as the original! Just made two of the deep dish pizza "crusts", with 1/2 lb ground beef, 1/2 cup Ragu spaghetti sauce, and shredded moz cheese on top of each of the two "crust" layers. Will report results later!

P.S. By lining the baking pan with parchment paper there is no sticking and no mess-SUPER easy clean-up!