Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Them peanut butter cookies are good !!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=206346)

shiNer45 Sat, Aug-28-04 10:26

Them peanut butter cookies are good !!!!

They are good but can u eat just one at a time????

I made them this morning with the recipe that will follow, they did not crumble too badly but u gotta pop the whole thing in yer mouth at one time

I had my lunch and needed some oomph, so i ate one of those tasty little buggers and was eyeing them. Quickly wrapped them up before i got carried away, i think one or 2 after meals will be fine since i made them with regular kraft peanut butter they come in at 1.1g carbs each

when i made them i made em just a teaspoon or less and ended up with 48 little balls of goodness, totalling 56.4 or something grams of carbs, for some reason the eggs i bought listed no carbs
so heres the recipe i used, which worked well

Awesome Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients: 1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
3/4 cup artificial sweetener

How To Prepare: Mix well roll into balls (1tsp.
per ball) Squash with a fork
crisscross. Bake at 350
degrees for about 10
minutes. Makes approx. 36
cookies.
These are very fragile melt
in your mouth cookies.

have fun making them, oh yeah my oven must cook warmenr because i took them out at 8 minutes so they didnt burn or get too crumbly, all came off nice on a new cookie sheet with plastic spatula and not even one broke!! :yum:

luckyloser Sat, Aug-28-04 10:57

I'm going to try these--let you know it goes.

Shai1113 Sat, Aug-28-04 11:19

Those sound good, I may try them some time!

VALEWIS Mon, Aug-30-04 02:12

If you add a small amount of Hi-Maize resistant starch to the recipe, say 2 tabsp and remove 1 tbsp of the peanut butter, you might find them less crumbly- I did.

Val

bluesfan88 Sun, Sep-05-04 07:49

I will have to try these .they look fantastic ! i am always looking for good recipies .

tom sawyer Thu, Sep-09-04 17:55

Shiner, great recipe my man! I thought it was going to be like eating straight peanut butter, but as soon as I got the dough mixed together good I could tell it was going to work. Used chunky peanut butter and I swear I couldn't tell these from regular, if anything they are better, more like a tollhouse cookie consistency and less floury than regualr recipes. My wife and I both thank you. Only thing is, right now I have a powerful craving for a big glass of cold milk. :(

shiNer45 Fri, Sep-10-04 11:18

i cant take credit for it, i found it somewehwre here or on the net, cant remember, but they are good, i know that

VALEWIS Fri, Sep-10-04 15:04

I did a search on cookies on this forum to see if there were any 'different' ones, but there were about 4 or so PB recipes which were all the same one: PB, splenda and egg.

The other day I tried 2/3c PB to 1/3cup HiMaize plus splenda, egg and vanilla, and was able to achieve larger, uncrumbly cookies.Hi maize adds carbs, but it is meant to be a bit like sugar alcohols in that regard and it actually lowers the GI of food its added to. Probably more for OWL and maintenance.

Val

sbd4me Sun, Oct-03-04 22:08

These cookies are amazing and very SBD friendly! :) I was looking for new desserts so that I wouldn't get bored and I found one. I had all the ingredients on hand and they were quick and easy to make. I am a college student and don't have much time to spare so it was perfect.

eskimissy Sun, Oct-03-04 22:41

Yumm these sound soo good. They'll be a good carb treat before weight training.

Thanks!

Built Sun, Oct-03-04 23:24

No, these are not suitable as a carbup before lifting - they are too high in fat. Sorry eskimissy....

:(

eskimissy Mon, Oct-04-04 00:03

Darn.... :(

Better luck next time ;)

clk Mon, Oct-04-04 09:54

Hi-Maize resistant starch

I have never heard of Hi-Maize resistant starch. Can somebody give me a brand name? I am in Canada, so I hope it is available in here.

Cherie in Montreal.

Mumof4boys Tue, Oct-05-04 08:46

Holy Cow:
Tried these on Sunday. Really, Really good. Even fooled my fussy kids. And so easy to make.
Thanks for the recipe

Will77 Tue, Oct-05-04 15:51

tsp. to cup conversions

I made this because I only have the Splenda packets which, as I remember, equal 2 tsp of sugar each.

1/4 cup = 12tsp = 6 packs
1/3 cup = 16tsp = 8 packs
1/2 cup = 24tsp = 12 packs
2/3 cup = 32tsp = 16 packs
3/4 cup = 36tsp = 18 packs
1 cup = 48tsp = 24 packs

Hope it helps.

Will