Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   cheese cheese and more cheese (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=54011)

LUCKILAF Fri, Aug-02-02 19:14

cheese cheese and more cheese

Hi- Its just me again-Ok now I'm really frustrated! I've been eating low carb for 11 days and still feel no different- I'm getting discouraged and need some reassurance that this will work sooner or later~ :daze: Is cheese really a BAD food to get to much of? I pretty much have 3 to four small slices off the block of sharp cheeder at every meal- Is that way to much? I just keep waiting for the weight to change but it hasen't so my other question is if I start on Monday doing the diet to a tee- which the only thing I can think that I'm doing wrong is eating to much cheese and eating s/f jello and I have one diet coke a day- If I cut all of this out starting Monday do you think that would help?? I'm at the point of breaking but I've been doing so good!HELP:) :wave:

agonycat Fri, Aug-02-02 19:19

You are allowed 4 oz of cheese a day. No exceptions.

It has been known to cause many people to stall on losing weight.

LUCKILAF Fri, Aug-02-02 19:20

thanks

Well- how do you measure cheese?

agonycat Fri, Aug-02-02 20:08

With a food scale.

You can pick one up pretty cheap.

mwallace29 Sat, Aug-03-02 04:48

Food Scale

I bought a cheap food scale (not digital) and it stinks! I think it cost $8 or $9.

I now went and bought a small digital scale (cost about $25) and I love it.

I should not have wasted the money on the regular scale ~ it just want not worth it.

skyspinner Sat, Aug-03-02 13:16

Atkins limits cheese?

Quote:
Originally posted by agonycat
You are allowed 4 oz of cheese a day. No exceptions.

[snip]

I don't recognize this...can't find it in my Atkin's books...all he says about it is that the amount of cheese permissable is governed by the carb count.

Using his Carb Counter in the book, that could mean 20 to 40 ounces of hard cheese per day at 0.5 to 1.0 grams carb per ounce. If you ate nothing but cheese, of course. :)

The Rules for the Induction Diet state that you are not on a quantitative diet and should eat the amount that makes you feel satisfied but not stuffed.

So, my question is where does the 4 ounce cheese limitation on Atkins come from?

Thanks in advance.

agonycat Sat, Aug-03-02 14:19

In his book release last December 2001 he states 4 oz of cheese. If you have an older book you will not find it.

suzbuff Mon, Aug-05-02 12:10

Is there alot of changes from old to new edition? i just started induction today, but have not read the new edition book?

should i go buy it???

thanks !
-suz

HSmom Mon, Aug-05-02 12:36

To answer the first post......

For the earliest stages of this way of life, I would drop the diet soda and the jello until a later time when you can determine if your body is sensitive to them.

Instead, IMO, it's best to fill up with "clean" foods like vegetables and meat.

It does sound like a lot of cheese.

Oh, and I have a $3.50 and a $8.00 scale from WalMart. I like them fine. :wave:

Edited to add: Are you drinking *lots* of water?? :q:

LUCKILAF Mon, Aug-05-02 14:08

THANKS

Thank you for your advice everyone!! I love this sight! I messed up my whole weekend - with all the food your not suppose to eat :daze: but today I'm starting all over- Have a question tho- I woke up today feeling awful and very dizzy - do you think this has anything to do with cheating this weekend?

terasun Tue, Aug-06-02 20:17

Hi

I learned most of what I know about atkins on his website...
just log on to www.atkincenter.com...
go to "How to do Atkins"
then "Induction"
Look in "Acceptable Foods"

It will tell you in very few words..."what's acceptable" including cheese...
I try to cut my cheese back to about 2 oz a day..
but I love those 2 oz....

t

skyspinner Wed, Aug-07-02 16:20

Re: Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by terasun
[snip]
just log on to www.atkincenter.com...
[snip
t

This URL doesn't work...are you sure that's how it is spelled?

Thanks....

doreen T Wed, Aug-07-02 17:23

try atkinscenter.com ;)

Doreen

skyspinner Wed, Aug-07-02 17:50

Much better! Thank you.