Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Australia / New Zealand (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The Best Low Carb foods in Australia... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=159084)

zedgirl Sat, Jan-24-04 02:00

Most low carb baked goods need to be kept in the fridge. I keep my muffins, almond meal, linseed meal and porridge mix in the fridge as well. I only made the Choc Rush muffins a couple of times and they were fine. I use my own recipe now……it’s much cheaper.

cheley05 Sat, Jan-24-04 02:13

Thanks Zedgirl

Now that I know, I will keep all LC in the fridge!!

My poor son (only 6) opened up the muffin tin and said, "They are off Mum", but I thought he meant he didnt like them. I said, "Yeah their not great, tasted better". Then I smelt them and they would have made your hair curl!!! :lol:

Havent been to adventurous with baking. Must have a go. Cant be any worse than those!!! :lol:

Cheers Cheley. :wave:

delia Mon, Jan-26-04 04:14

cheley05
I use the muffins all the time but as soon as they are cold I wrap and freeze them. I have had a couple in the fridge for a couple of day and been ok.
I make a icing of softened (micro)cream cheese cocoa sweetner and spread on them.
I love them.
Sometimes I put a peice of Low cadbury choc or some blueberries in them.

ozzie_girl Mon, Jan-26-04 17:31

Zedgirl,thanks for that info re unsweetened cooking chocolate. The Essential Ingredient is just down the road! I shall try it. Luscious,I will have another look for the Peter's Low carb ice-cream in the green tub today when I go shopping!

Btw,the best SF dark chocolate(Belgium) I've come across is in a deli in Bondi called Russkis Deli in Bondi Rd.Very delicious! They also have low carb sweet biscuits!
Cheers
Ozzie_girl

delia Mon, Jan-26-04 18:27

In Myers Queens Street Brisbane just before Christmas I brought Low carb chocolate truffles..$6.99 for a box of 9.
I have not opened them till last week and they were so good. Just .1 for each one.
I am wondering if they still have them available.

jaddles Wed, Sep-05-07 23:04

Cruskits Rye have only 3g per bickie, and they're huge. Top 'em with tuna, mayo and salsa and you have a fantastic lunch that makes a nice change from salad.

Delphoene Fri, Oct-26-07 06:04

Here's a couple of my favourites:
*Aussie Bodies Protein Delite 3g carbs/50g bar -and sooooo yummy!
*Perfect Italiano Light Ricotta cheese <1g carbs/100g

Overflo Sun, Jul-22-12 06:17

Coles (in Mandurah at least) sell Blue Diamond Almond Breeze (almond milk). The unsweetened one only has 0.7 per 100 ml

Nikita82 Thu, Nov-22-12 21:34

Hi peeps, just letting you know.. I checked out usafoods.com.au because I wanted to get some American stuff... they have a few low carb items on there. I ordered sugarfree Jolly Ranchers, several AWESOME flavours of unsweetened Kool-Aid (watermelon, cherry etc), sugar-free Hershey's and Crystal Light... I was going to get Jello sugarfree pudding mix, but they aren't low carb... each 1/4 cup serve has 6-7g carbs.

For $40 worth of stuff, it cost me $11.20 for postage. I'm planning on trying it all, and just re-ordering my faves.

Oh yeah, they also have the Hidden Valley dry ranch dressing mix everyone's always talking about!

Overflo Fri, Nov-23-12 20:22

SlimPasta - SlimNoodles

Woolies - here in Mandurah (Forum) at least, sell something called SlimPasta and SlimNoodles. the SlimPasta comes in Angel Hair and Spaghetti. I liken it more to glass noodles and the SlimNoodles more to fettucini but either way they are an excellent addition to a low carb diet. They have no usable carbs as the carbs are all fibre - 100gm 27kj 4.5gm fibre.

Also, Freedom foods also sell a low-carb bread mix (2.5gm per slice) and low carb wraps (3.5 gm per slice).

Back To Nature Health Foods at Rockingham City (Coles End) sell the wraps and the Fibre X cereal but would probably get the bread mix in. The bread doesn't quite compare to a nice crusty loaf, but when you haven't had bread for a while it is great (and freezes well)

Kim C Mon, May-19-14 12:58

Hi Everyone,
So nice to read some of your recommendations. Here is one of mine.

I have been buying low carb bread from "Bakers Club" at Robina Town Centre on the Gold Coast. It is expensive at nearly $9.00 a loaf, but satisfies my craving for bread. The ingredients are listed as: water, wheat protein,soy protein,lupine protein,soymeal,linseed,sunflower seed,soy flour,wheat wholegrain meal,wheat bran,apple fibre,yeast,sesame seeds,sodium,and roasted barley malt flour.

A 35g slice = Carbohydrates - Total 2.6
Sugars 0.2

I ask them to cut the loaf thinly and upon weighing a middle slice = 50gms.

It is quite dense and very filling. Bread is my weakness and this one is filling the need.

RoxxyG Fri, Mar-18-16 23:06

I hope it's okay to add to this list. I am new here.

I have noticed that Ryvita Crunch Multigrain Carbohydrates are
12.3g for 2 biscuits which works out to be 3.97%

It's not for Very Low Carb eaters but others might enjoy them.

bluej Mon, Dec-17-18 03:33

It has always been my go to: LC New York Cheesecake for special events like birthdays etc. Now I'm not so sure it won't be this:

I have stumbled across this Noshu Sugar Free Rich Chocolate Cake Mix in Woolworths. It makes up a deliciously rich fairly LC choccie cake with buttercream icing. I stored it in the fridge and it went all fudgey mmmmmm :yum:

Noshu Sugar Free Rich Chocolate Cake

Their range of cake mixes has grown since I've been there *grabs glasses for a closer look* heheeeee I'm giggling at myself :)