Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Post/report bugs here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=232506)

tamarian Mon, Feb-07-05 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC-Laur
I've decided I'm never going to get this cereal entered in - 30 minutes later and my next error is:

"The nutritional date you have entered are incorrect. Please make sure to enter valid data.

You have entered 110 calories, but the data entered totals to 118 calories. The formula to calculate calories is as follows:

Calories = Carbs x 4 + Proteon x 4 + Fat x 9 + Alcohol x 6.93

The data you entered comes to:

Calories = 118 = 14 * 4 + 11 * 4 + 2 * 9 + 0 * 6.93 = 118

Possible reasons are:

1. You did not enter the label data accurately, re-check to ensure accuracy

2. The label may have listed carbs by weight (including fiber) and not by difference. In this case, subtract the fiber from the carb count

3. The label is incorrect, or contains hidden carbs."

I know the label is correct, I thought carbs I only entered in carbs-fiber, so I initially wrote 9 carbs, but I got the same error. So I figured that it must mean all carbs, so I put 14... Neither worked. I think there should be some wiggle room like fitday has, if you're off by a few calories it'll still let you enter it in, it's only when you're off my a large % of calories that it won't let you enter it in... Being off my 6 or 7 calories doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

There is some wiggle room, but it wasn't much :) Give it another try, it will now overlook differences less than 10%, instead of 5%

Wa'il

LC-Laur Mon, Feb-07-05 11:20

thanks. :)

unitydkn Mon, Feb-07-05 14:20

how about those sugar alcohols? where should we put them?

tamarian Mon, Feb-07-05 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitydkn
how about those sugar alcohols? where should we put them?

Their's an optional field for maltitol, among other sugars.

Wa'il

tamarian Mon, Feb-07-05 14:40

I take back the reply re: maltitol and sugar alcohol. These values are not yet available in the USDA-SR17 database. We'll be adding them as soon as they become available.

What's there right now is maltose, not maltitol., which I don't think is a sugar alcohol.

Wa'il

LC-Laur Mon, Feb-07-05 15:48

The ECC isn't subtracting fiber on the main page... It's the same as total carbohydrate.

tamarian Mon, Feb-07-05 15:56

Quote:
The ECC isn't subtracting fiber on the main page... It's the same as total carbohydrate.

This is due to the fiber being subtracted already in USDA-SR17 database, which we're using. Only a small subset of the entries do not have the fiber subtracted, and those will show if the ECC option is turned on. So it's best to change the display to fiber (from the settings menu)

Wa'il

Elihnig Tue, Feb-08-05 16:59

Quote:
Proteon

When trying to input Dreamfield's Pasta as a custom food I noticed that Protein was mispelled. I take it that there is probably no way yet to count the Dreamfields as 5 carbs per half a cup instead of the 42 or so it's currently listing at. With my luck it probably is worth 42 for me.

Beth

tamarian Tue, Feb-08-05 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihnig
When trying to input Dreamfield's Pasta as a custom food I noticed that Protein was mispelled. I take it that there is probably no way yet to count the Dreamfields as 5 carbs per half a cup instead of the 42 or so it's currently listing at. With my luck it probably is worth 42 for me.

Beth

I did not understand what you're saying, so I have no idea if it can, or cannot do it :)

Which page contains the spelling error?

Wa'il

Elihnig Tue, Feb-08-05 17:39

Quote:
I've decided I'm never going to get this cereal entered in - 30 minutes later and my next error is:

"The nutritional date you have entered are incorrect. Please make sure to enter valid data.

You have entered 110 calories, but the data entered totals to 118 calories. The formula to calculate calories is as follows:

Calories = Carbs x 4 + Proteon x 4 + Fat x 9 + Alcohol x 6.93

The data you entered comes to:

Calories = 118 = 14 * 4 + 11 * 4 + 2 * 9 + 0 * 6.93 = 118

Possible reasons are:

1. You did not enter the label data accurately, re-check to ensure accuracy

2. The label may have listed carbs by weight (including fiber) and not by difference. In this case, subtract the fiber from the carb count

3. The label is incorrect, or contains hidden carbs."

I know the label is correct, I thought carbs I only entered in carbs-fiber, so I initially wrote 9 carbs, but I got the same error. So I figured that it must mean all carbs, so I put 14... Neither worked. I think there should be some wiggle room like fitday has, if you're off by a few calories it'll still let you enter it in, it's only when you're off my a large % of calories that it won't let you enter it in... Being off my 6 or 7 calories doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Dreamfield's Pasta allegedly counts as only 5 grams of carbs per serving. It is listed as 42 on the side of the box and the formula will not work properly unless I list it as 42-4 fiber for 38.

The typo is when the formula doesn't work ie. the example quoted above is the place where protein is mispelled.

Beth

tamarian Tue, Feb-08-05 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihnig
Dreamfield's Pasta allegedly counts as only 5 grams of carbs per serving. It is listed as 42 on the side of the box and the formula will not work properly unless I list it as 42-4 fiber for 38.

The typo is when the formula doesn't work ie. the example quoted above is the place where protein is mispelled.

Beth

Got the typo fixe :)

So the 5 grams of carbs is per serving, and the 42 grams is per box?

The tool will allow either one as a serving, as long as you enter the weight of the serving, or the weight of the entire content.

The 38 vs 42 can't be helped, as labeling regulations have run a mock. Some list carbs with fiber subtracted, some don't. Whichever way we go, there will be labels doing it the other way around.

For this reason, I made sure the custom food entry spells it out "Carbohydrate, by difference (fiber subtracted)"

Wa'il

Elihnig Tue, Feb-08-05 19:36

The Dreamfields pasta is one of those low carb products. It technically has 42 carbs per half cup serving but they tell you to count only 5 due to their fabulous technology of adding fiber to the outside or something like that. Apparently they have done extensive testing to see to what degree it raises blood sugar.

It's kind of like the sugar alcohol conumdrum when it comes to figuring out net carbs on bars and such.

I suppose it doesn't really matter if today's food looks like I had 100 carbs ;)

Meal Carb Pro Fat Fib Cals
Breakfast 6.8 62.7 38.2 0.6 635
Lunch 3.3 67.7 57.0 0.0 815
Dinner 95.7 59.4 33.4 17.9 932
Totals 105.8 189.9 128.6 18.5 2381
Beth

tamarian Tue, Feb-08-05 19:46

This qualifies as a "claim" by a manufacturer, but will not be valid in term of nutrient calculations. Same goes for net carbs and any other forms of none-carb carbs :)

Wa'il

~Dawn~ Wed, Feb-09-05 06:30

Trying to add my breakfast and everytime I use the food from my list or try to update the servings after it's on my list I get a screen that says "Results sorted by: Protein, in g , highest first"

I am not performing a search. I am just trying to update my menu as I have done the past 3 days.

In order for me to add foods I have to click on Food List and then add from there. :(

It will also not let me delete an entry I made in error. Sends me to the same search results screen.

tamarian Wed, Feb-09-05 07:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dawn~
Trying to add my breakfast and everytime I use the food from my list or try to update the servings after it's on my list I get a screen that says "Results sorted by: Protein, in g , highest first"

I am not performing a search. I am just trying to update my menu as I have done the past 3 days.

In order for me to add foods I have to click on Food List and then add from there. :(

It will also not let me delete an entry I made in error. Sends me to the same search results screen.

Give it another try. This was the result of a new addition this morning for the "Select from food category:". It should now be working o.k.

Wa'il