Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dreamfield Pasta (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=371468)

JimR-OCDS Tue, Apr-22-08 14:31

Dreamfield Pasta

I saw the ad for Dreamfield Pasta. I was ready to try it, but in the past, all
low-carb pasta's that I've tried, tasted like the box they came in.

Has anyone tried this brand of low-carb pasta?

Jim

Luzyanna Tue, Apr-22-08 14:35

It tastes good - too good to be true in my opinion and it ALWAYS kicks me out of ketosis so should be treated as a maintenance/pre-maintenance food. It causes gastric distress in some people but I've never had a problem with it (so far anyways.) :lol:

Bimeyswasp Tue, Apr-22-08 15:21

I had some this weekend and it was yum - tasted just like normal pasta. I did find that I actually liked the sauce I made more than the pasta though! It really made me see that the pasta is just a filler - I'm going to try the celery 'pasta' and see what that is like instead.

Jess77 Tue, Apr-22-08 15:47

I'm kindof afraid to try it. I've heard some say it makes them stall or gain.
I cut up a LC tortilla into thin strips and let it soak up the sauce and it's yummy. Best with alfredo sauce. And you know exactly how many carbs you're getting.

liddie01 Tue, Apr-22-08 15:51

It never bothered my losses or took me out of ketosis, nor does it spike my BFs or DDs blood sugar, and Ive fed it to my family and used it at church functions without anyone noticing the differance.

misschris Tue, Apr-22-08 17:02

I've eaten it for years, but only once a month generally, maybe twice in the summer. It never kicks me out of ketosis, and when I was losing, I continued to lose on it. You have to pay attention to the serving size!!! You will not notice a difference between it and regular pasta, if anything I like it better :lol: Just remember, moderation is the KEY. It may or may not stall you, everyone is different.

deirdra Tue, Apr-22-08 17:30

It bloats & stalls me. Instead I steam cabbage cut into "noodles" until al dente or you can make lasagna using raw green cabbage cut into wide strips. All the taste is in the sauce!

jonsereds Tue, Apr-22-08 18:42

I just found it last weekend at my local Kroger, liked it real well, not the same as real pasta but nice sub. the one thing I found was to over cook it, not quite as firm that way.

misschris Tue, Apr-22-08 19:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereds
I just found it last weekend at my local Kroger, liked it real well, not the same as real pasta but nice sub. the one thing I found was to over cook it, not quite as firm that way.

I could be wrong, but I think with Dreamfields it is very important NOT to overcook it (something about it losing something, but obviously I can't remember :lol: ) It's been posted here quite a bit though.

Luzyanna Tue, Apr-22-08 19:55

Who put the Dreamfield's banner on the page? :lol:

Goat Lady Tue, Apr-22-08 20:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess77
I'm kindof afraid to try it. I've heard some say it makes them stall or gain.
I cut up a LC tortilla into thin strips and let it soak up the sauce and it's yummy. Best with alfredo sauce. And you know exactly how many carbs you're getting.

Never thought of doing that...I'll have to try it!

As far as Dreamfield pasta...I've tried it too. I cooked it for the whole family and they didn't even know the difference!

GrooveJock Tue, Apr-22-08 21:20

I use dreamfeilds every now and then. Its never caused me to bloat or feel pooty. :-P I usually mix it with a butt load of soft steamed veggies.

HOWEVER, portion control is the key. I measure 2 cups out when cooking it for me and the SO.

Ragu has some great no sugar added pasta sauce too! Its called Ragu light.

Lie2MeJL Tue, Apr-22-08 21:55

I've had it in the past but never when I was actually trying to lose or when I was weighing myself on a regular basis so I'm not sure how it affects me in that way.

I wouldn't mind having it with some of my chicken scampi but I doubt I'll try it until I'm well into maintenance...it's just not worth it to me.

liddie01 Wed, Apr-23-08 11:52

Had it yesterday, just one serving, though, and I'm down a pound today. Bf makes our tomato sauce, no added sugar, and lots of meat, onions, and mushrooms.

Legal Diva Wed, Apr-23-08 12:20

I really like it, but have to exercise extreme moderation! The first time I tried it, I went hog wild and ate way more than I should have. The results? Well let's just say I had enough gas to light the entire western hemisphere! LOL!