Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   phew! Now that feels good... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=478935)

bluej Mon, Jan-15-18 20:01

phew! Now that feels good...

There I am standing barefoot on a wobbly little scale at the doctor's office. I'm seeing the numbers dance as I try and peer down. I can still remember the nurses kind of smirking voice as she tells me "this electronic scale gives out your BMI as well."

"Your BMI is 56" nurse smirk

My heart was breaking and me being a dieter for, well, forever it would seem, knew that a reading over 40 meant morbidly obese. Morbidly bad day.

Fast forward from June last year and today my BMI is 39
wohooo I'm so happy to just be 'obese' now
and of course I'm going to kick that to the ground along the way too lol :)

robynsnest Mon, Jan-15-18 22:52

:clap: :clap: :clap: Good for you!
Keep up the great work!!

zoogirl Tue, Jan-16-18 08:26

Couldn't ya just smack that nurse...WOO HOO, great job, you go girl, stop by sometime, have a positive day, ttyl

bluej Tue, Jan-16-18 10:06

Thankyou so much robynsnest & zoogirl :)

I'm smiling so much today :D
I couldn't have done a lot of it without being able to visit and read along with all you lovely members here. Thanks lovely forum.

Ivegotthis Tue, Jan-16-18 10:11

Congratulations, bluej! :hyper: :dazzle:

bluej Tue, Jan-16-18 10:16

Thankyou Ivegotthis :D

JAnn Tue, Jan-16-18 10:36

Meeting mini goals is a wonderful feeling. Congratulations on the hard work!

I see that you are a vegetarian. I am trying be a quasi-vegetarian. Some days I just can't eat meat and I need high protein. Right now I seem to alternate days with some meat and other days none. I will be looking forward to your posts.

bevangel Tue, Jan-16-18 12:41

:yay::hyper::roll::yay::agree:

Doing my "happy dance" for you! Congratulations!

bluej Tue, Jan-16-18 21:12

Thankyou JAnn & bevangel

I agree, mini goals are wonderful :cool:
Yes I've been vegetarian just over 7 years. The first time I dieted using Atkins was in 2006 and I was a carnivore then hehe I'm a little sad thinking of all the meat I ate back then come to think of it just now.
It's taken me about 3 years to get into the headspace of being able to have a low carb WOE again - as a vegetarian. And voila - it's working :)
Just between you and me lol sometimes I get sick of eating vegetables so I'll have smoothies, shakes and eggs hehe - just for a day or two :)

kathleen24 Sun, Feb-11-18 10:46

Obviously that person went into the nursing profession because she felt called to heal, because of her compassion and insight and willingness to walk beside people through some of their darkest days. Or not.

I'm sorry that you had to endure that smirky snottiness. Here's the deal: you get to lose the weight. She still has to be her, for the rest of her life. You win.

bluej Sun, Feb-11-18 18:31

hehe thanks for the support, I like that - winner :)

I have a new doctor now

and

one day later in this year, I'm going to go bump into that nurse on purpose :lol:

robynsnest Sun, Feb-11-18 22:29

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Winner!!!

bluej Tue, Sep-18-18 03:36

Update:

I'm doing my happy dance 'cause I'm no longer 'obese' or 'morbidly obese' -- I made it today down to overweight BMI and it's feeling mighty fine hehe

wheeeee -- if I can do it - anyone can :cool:

barb712 Tue, Sep-18-18 09:28

Congratulations, blue! That must feel sooo good.

leisha Tue, Sep-18-18 09:56

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Good for you!!! Congratulations!