Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Abigail Joy's Exercise Accountability Log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=350160)

joy2lose Sat, Sep-29-07 20:19

Abigail Joy's Exercise Accountability Log

Ok, Here goes. This is my first step into much unknown world of exercise.
I have just recently begun to embrace exercise, two months ago I joined a local gym.

First I was soo out of shape I could only manage 15-20 minutes of cardio at low/medium. I steadily pushed myself each day to increase my stamina. After one month I had reached 30-50 minutes of medium speed cardio. The last 2 weeks I have began to do weight machines and quite a bit of ab work.

Today's routine was such:

150 reps on ab machine
50 crunches on floor
20 knee lifts - Meaning that I grasp the weight ball between my knees and crunch up toward the torso. This kills my abs!
bicyle crunchs- where you touch alternate elbow to knee while cycling legs.

Muscle fatigue on 2 different leg machines. I don't count reps on these, nor do I stop between, I just go on until muscle is completely used and fatigued.

35 Minutes on stair climber on Fat burning at level 2 - This one makes me sweat sooooo much! There is always a hudge puddle after i'm thru! Eww.
30 minutes on Treadmill, alternating speed walking, jogging, running, and med speed.

Didn't have time to do the sauna or steam room. I don't think their sauna heats up hot enough though. I've been in some before that you can hardly sit in more than 15 minutes, but not this one. Oh well, their steam room makes up for that!

Well there it is. My first gym log post. I am so proud of myself, now keep up the good work! :agree:

joy2lose Sun, Sep-30-07 20:09

Exercise update

Today went well, had to work half a day and then do laundry, but after all I made it to the gym!

Today the gym was going to close within an hour from the time I arrived, so I hopped on the stair climber and did 30 min. at level 3. Then I moved over to the treadmill and ran/ jogged/ power walked for 13 minutes until they closed. Could not get in any floor exercises or weights, but I am going to wake up earlier than usual tommorow, and am going to make it my new time to get up. I've been getting up at around 6:30, but then I don't end up at the gym till 7:00 and then have to cut things short. Now I'd like to get up at 5:30 in order to lenghten my workouts. I really can't make it after work even though I would love to get in two great workouts a day, but at least adding more time in the morning will help.

So let me report back tommorow and see if it's 5:30 or 6:00 that I manage to get up at! Lol! Regardless, I am doing a great job, and am down 7.5 lbs from last week's weigh in!!!!! Go me, keep up the good work!