Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=29507)

tonmur Tue, Jan-08-02 14:06

BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE

1 pound ground beef
1 egg
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
3 to 5 slices of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
garlic powder to taste
black pepper to taste
chili powder to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly brown beef and drain well.
Mix all ingredients together except Mozzarella.
Press mixture into small casserole dish and top with Mozzarella.
Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Cheese should be melted and lightly browned.

2400 Calories; 5g Carbohydrate

Sharon Tue, Jan-08-02 15:50

Are you the creator??

Is this your original creation?? If so, let me know and I'll post it in the Member's Recipe section.

tonmur Tue, Jan-08-02 16:10

It is something that we have been actually eating for quite some time now over the last three years - my husband and I put it together. I looked up my counts and all before we ate it last night and it is a keeper. Matter of fact, it is sooooo tasty. But, something that I forgot to put in was that I do add a little bit of chili powder to it to give it a little kick. So, I will edit my other so that it will include that.

tracee Sat, Jan-12-02 20:43

that was yummy

I tried this today and it was great! I added some 57 sauce to it for a bit of kick.

tonmur Sat, Jan-12-02 21:26

Isn't it awesome!?!

And, you can make a double batch of it and be able to have some the next day for lunch. The thing that I thought was so great about it is that the calories are there. Gotta keep them up!

snkhoward Sat, Jan-19-02 08:29

I make something very simaler only use Ragu double cheddar sauce instead of the shredded cheese.

PJ in Miam Sun, Jan-20-02 00:26

My books show most cheeses to have about 1carb per ounce; eggs vary from around .6 to .85 depending on size I think. How did eight ounces cheese and an egg end up at 5 carbs? Or were you saying divide it in half and that's per-serving? Please forgive -- I'm new to this eating plan and still a little confused about some of the stats on foods!

PJ

DWRolfe Mon, Jan-21-02 12:38

Loved it..

We tried this recipe a few nights ago and loved it! I recommended it to my sister and she and her husband loved it too. I think it would be great as a lunchtime leftover.

Michelle Sun, Jan-27-02 21:59

We do the almost the same thing, but we do it in a frying pan and omit the egg. I like the casserole idea though.

Janice Wed, Feb-06-02 12:59

FANTASTIC

A thousand thank-you's!! This was fantastic. I added some cumin along with the chili powder and an onion and had it with some sour cream. A taco without the shell!

Loved it!

Janice

iron art Sat, Feb-09-02 10:04

We tried this and it is one of our new favorites. Saw the suggestion about making it like a taco. That's what we'll try next! I love the members ideas and recipes. Thanks for the help!

chart Thu, Feb-14-02 08:16

This looks great. I've been looking for a kid friendly LC recipe. I'm trying this tonight. Going to double the recipe and heat it up tomorrow with some cumin and put it with some shredded lettuce and salsa and have a taco salad. Can't wait. Thanks.

Glenda Thu, Feb-28-02 15:29

Made this last night, and made a BIG casserole!!! It was great, and I have lots leftover. Didn't have nay mozzarella, so I used some provolone instead. Worked good, and great taste!!
Thanks.

Glenda

weakarms Thu, Feb-28-02 16:24

I am planning on making this tonight and wondered if the cal/carb count was for the whole dish or per serving. Just thinking about this makes my mouth water. I'll let you know how my family likes it. :daizy:

DWRolfe Thu, Feb-28-02 16:27

Taco without a shell...

As I stated in an earlier post, we love this recipe in our house! I'm definately going to try the "taco" approach as I'm sure it will rock too.

BTW, it is great reheated as leftovers, too. :p

Donald