Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Northern New England (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=41302)

DarkLotus Sat, Nov-01-03 15:03

I'm still here as well :) I haven't looked for the LC milk as I was never a big milk drinker. Joseph's LC pitas are very good though. Demoulas was carrying em, but haven't found em in 2 weeks.

MelanieH Sat, Nov-01-03 16:17

Hey there I know where you can find the milk in souther nh. I get mine at the walmart supercenter in amherst. They also have some great low carb ice creams and ice cream bars. Hope this was helpful.

Mel

Tedmom Sat, Nov-01-03 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieH
Hey there I know where you can find the milk in souther nh. I get mine at the walmart supercenter in amherst. They also have some great low carb ice creams and ice cream bars. Hope this was helpful.

Mel

Thanks, Melanie! Hood told me in an email the only location for the milk was in Salem, which is a pretty long haul for me just for a carton of milk. Will check out the Super-Wallies next time I'm over in Amherst. Still a trek for me, but I do like to visit the new Target there when I get the shopping bug.

Lessara Sun, Nov-02-03 19:21

Hi Mel, Darklocus, and Tedmom!! :wave:

Thanks Mel for letting me know too where the low carb Hood milk is. Have you tried it? I'm curious what's the taste and what's in it. My son misses milk alot.

Hi Darklocus, I still hope to meet you some day? Have there been any get togethers recently?

Hi Tedmom, Are you in Keene? My foster parents used to live there. My foster brother is here in Manchester.

Hey do you all want to meet at Low carb Heaven in Amherst one day?

Tedmom Mon, Nov-03-03 05:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessara
Hi Tedmom, Are you in Keene?
Hey do you all want to meet at Low carb Heaven in Amherst one day?

I'm actually over in Dublin. I haven't been to LC Heaven yet, but it would give me an excuse to stop at Super Wallies for the milk and visit Target :)

MelanieH Mon, Nov-03-03 08:11

Good Morning

I haven't tried the milk. I dont like the taste of milk. My hubby tried it. He said it was ok. Not the same as real milk. But I use it for cooking. I can't tell the difference. I would love to meet up sometime. I need to make a trip to low carb heaven but havent made it yet. I live right in Nashua so it would be easy for me. well I am off to post in my journal. keep in touch everyone.

Mel

DarkLotus Mon, Nov-03-03 15:35

I could meet you all up at LCH too. :)

MelanieH Tue, Nov-04-03 08:29

So we should set up a time that good for everyone. Let us know when its a good time for everyone.

Mel

DarkLotus Tue, Nov-04-03 14:45

Weekends work for me.

gawdess Fri, Nov-07-03 12:25

Hello from Portland!

MaryMary22 Thu, Nov-13-03 11:22

Hi Dark Lotus and Melanie.
I am from Hudson. I know you, Dark Lotus, from the other gathering. Just found this website. We are planning a get together on the Seacoast this month, hopefully on the 22nd. I would be glad to put in more information when it is finallized.

MelanieH Thu, Nov-13-03 11:27

Yes Please let us know I am anxious to meet my low carb friends.

Unitl later,

Mel

P.S There dosent seem to be a lot of activity on this thread..we need to get it going :yay:

Tedmom Thu, Nov-13-03 11:37

Can generally do Saturdays (not this one tho) during the day at LC Heaven. Would prefer early afternoon as I hate driving home in the dark on 101, especially with the deer and moose out and about at dusk.

MaryMary22 Mon, Nov-17-03 17:09

New England LC Gathering for November

There is a group of us low carbers that are getting together on November 22, 2003, at 4:00 pm at Mezza- Kabob & Pizzeria, 97 Lafayette Rd, Route 1, Hampton Falls, New Hampshire. Phone 603-926-6662. Owner/chef is Simon Rached.

They have beautiful salads, kabobs (beef & chicken), burgers, shawarma (beef & chicken), kafta. I am bring low carb pita from Joseph's Oat Bran & Whole Wheat pita for everyone if they want it.

Please RSVP me at *************We are trying to get a count. So far there are about 9 of us.

Directions:

From Nashua - I go Rt 111 West to Rt 107 South to Route 1 North (Lafayette Rd). Just after you go through the light in Hampton Falls Commons, it is the first mini mall on the right (97 Lafayette Road).

But if you don't like the back roads, take Rt 3 South, to Rt 495 North to Rt 95 North. At Exit 1 (Rt 107), at end of ramp, take a right to Rt 1 (Lafayette Rd). At the big intersection (CVS on corner), take a left to go North on Rt 1. A few miles down the road, pass through the center of Hampton Falls, first driveway on the right after the traffic light.

From Massachusetts, get on Rt 95 North all the way to Exit 1 (Rt 107) in Seabrook New Hampshire. End of exit ramp, take a right to the intersection of Rt 107 and Rt 1 (Lafayette Rd) take a left to go north on Rt 1.

From Maine, go south on Rt 95 to Exit 1 (Rt 107 South). It's only 1/4 mile to Rt 1 (Lafayette Rd). Follow the directions above.

Tedmom Mon, Nov-17-03 20:37

Hi, Mary! I'm over on the left side of NH. I wish I could go, but we've got plans this weekend. The restaurant sounds great. Have a nice time.