Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Semi Low-Carb Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   CNS Followers (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=474076)

ringamajig Sat, Jul-16-16 06:37

Good morning ladies!

Thanks Chrissie. It feels good to be back in the 80's again. I stayed the same this morning, 189.0, so I am happy camper as I was worried that I might gain eating real food again yesterday. 2 pounds down for the week for a total of 60. Love this CNS!

It is CN for me today, we are going to dinner at a Mexican restaurant that is hubs (Les) choice. My youngest Son, (Jacob who is 19) all do CNS and each alternate on picks for CN dinner out. It works out well. I cook all week and we go out on CN.

Hope you have a good loss this morning Paulette.

Have a great day all.
Rox

PauletteB1 Sat, Jul-16-16 07:59

ROX - Congrats on the new decade!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

How fun to do a CN with the family! You are a lucky person! :lol: I hope your Mexican meal is delicious and good for the soul! :thup: :lol:

CHRISSIE - Congrats on another lb down!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I hope YOUR CN is enjoyable today, too!

Today seems to be CN day for everyone! I am planning to have mine tomorrow for sure. And I am going to have Sloppy Joes. :agree: All I need to do is buy the buns today. I am going to make a peach crumble for dessert, too. I have all the ingredients for that. I am making a fat-free version and I know it will be great because I made it with blueberries once and it turned out fine. :thup:

Today I will keep the calories low. Unless I get super hungry later on, that is. ;) But I have my cod thawing out, and my Cashew Milk, and my yogurt, and I think I shall be fine. I am aiming for 560 calories today, so let's see how that goes.

You all have a great day and a sunny weekend! :wave: Our sun is fianlly out again today, so I plan on getting out there. :agree: :wave:

PauletteB1 Sat, Jul-16-16 08:02

Sheesh, I almost forgot! I am down another .4 lbs today for a low of 202.6. :cheer: :daizy: :dazzle:

I want to see Onederland next month! I hope it does not take too long! :angel:

ChrissieL Sat, Jul-16-16 11:54

PAULETTE.....good going GF!! :thup:
ONEderland.....here you come!! :agree:

ROX......enjoy your cruise in the stable mabel mobile :cool:
and enjoy your mexican CN tonight :yum:

ChrissieL Sun, Jul-17-16 09:14

good morning!!

a 3.1 lb CN gain........i've done worse ;)

have a great day!!!!! :wave:

PauletteB1 Sun, Jul-17-16 10:59

Stayed the same weight today. And I am going to do my CN. I'm happy I went down a bit for the week! I lost .8 lbs, but I was hoping my fasting days would let me see a bit more. :roll: I am not complaining, though!

Chrissie - You had a normal CN gain. I'm glad, and I hope it disappears quickly! May you see a nice loss this week! :wiggle: :cheer:

My peach cobbler is done baking and is cooling on the stove now. We will be making the sloppy joes later this afternoon. I may sample that cobbler as soon as it is cooled off (in about and hour I guess), so this CN will start around 1pm today. A little earlier than last week's. I am figuring about 1800-some calories and about 225 carbs for the day. That is a good number. And the fat is being kept very low today.

You all have a great day! :wave:

ChrissieL Sun, Jul-17-16 11:11

paulette......

thank you! me too!! :agree:
overall you are going down, down, down...and THAT is what counts :D:thup:
she'll be comin' round the onederland mountain when she comes..... :dazzle:

i usually start my CN around 1pm.......if i eat too late into the evening/night (especially carbs), i get heartburn & can't sleep :(

please feel free to send some of that peach cobbler my way!! ;) :yum:

PauletteB1 Sun, Jul-17-16 12:59

That peach cobbler turned out AWESOME. A couple bags of frozen peach slices on the bottom of the pan, about 1/2 a box of sugar-free yellow cake mix sprinkled over them, and pour about 1/2 a can of diet Mountain Dew (maybe a bit more than 1/2) on top. Bake for about an hour. That is it. Still plenty of carbs without all the calories. And tastes GREAT. The recipe called for the entire box of cake mix, but 1/2 seemed sufficient to me. :thup:

ChrissieL Sun, Jul-17-16 14:06

paulette......

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
That peach cobbler turned out AWESOME. A couple bags of frozen peach slices on the bottom of the pan, about 1/2 a box of sugar-free yellow cake mix sprinkled over them, and pour about 1/2 a can of diet Mountain Dew (maybe a bit more than 1/2) on top. Bake for about an hour. That is it. Still plenty of carbs without all the calories. And tastes GREAT. The recipe called for the entire box of cake mix, but 1/2 seemed sufficient to me. :thup:

THANK YOU! :yum: :yum: :yum:

ChrissieL Sun, Jul-17-16 14:11

paulette......

pan size :q: greased, or no :confused:
oven temp :confused:
cook for how long? :confused:

pain in the butt, ain't i?? :rheart:

:lol:

PauletteB1 Sun, Jul-17-16 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieL
pan size :q: greased, or no :confused:
oven temp :confused:
cook for how long? :confused:

pain in the butt, ain't i?? :rheart:

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Detailed Instructions:

I used 2 12-oz bags of frozen peach slices. I sprayed my 8 x 11.5" pan with Pam. Put the frozen peaches in the sprayed pan. Sprinkled about 1/2 the box of Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix on top of the slices. Poured about 1/2 the can of Diet Mountain Dew over the cake mix - pouring slowly as it tends to foam up. There will still be a few lumps that are not covered and stay kind of dry. That is OK. Bake at 350˚ for about an hour. I kept checking it about every 15 min or so. I wanted to make sure the center started bubbling. Peaches are very watery, so I wanted to bake it long enough to start thickening the peaches. :agree: It may take you a bit longer or shorter. The top does not get real brown, so you can bake it as long as it takes. When I made the Blueberry version, it did not take as long to bake. :cool:

ChrissieL Sun, Jul-17-16 20:03

paulette......

gracias!! :D

PauletteB1 Mon, Jul-18-16 09:21

Up a hefty 5.8 lbs after my CN yesterday - quite a difference from last week! :lol:

I ended up having some popcorn last night before bed. :thup: It was not as good as I remembered. But I did not put butter on it. So I had a big bowl of it leftover this morning and fed it to the neighbor's chickens! :lol:

Today will be my low cal day. I am not sure how low, but as I am never really hungry the day after a CN, it should be reasonably low. I have 552 cals planned. Coffee/cream this morning. Steamed cod for lunch. Some Cashew milk w/yogurt as a snack. And 1/2 cup of yogurt for tonight. I doubt I will be hungry for much more, but if I do, I will have something. I have plenty of cheese. Good Pepper Jack cheese! :thup:

We have a beef rump roast thawed out in the fridge for tomorrow. We are going to wrap it in thick-sliced bacon and smoke it over the grill with applewood until it is medium rare. :yum: :D :wiggle: I will partake of that with great pleasure!!!!! :lol:

You all have a great day! :wave:

ChrissieL Mon, Jul-18-16 11:03

good morning!

PAULETTE......nice cn gain!! that is worthy of ME :D
:lol: now the chickens will be buttery basted on the inside as well! ;)
that beef rump roast sounds DELISH :yum:
enjoy your low-cal day :cool::thup:

Budy Mon, Jul-18-16 20:18

Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found you! I just started CNS after a few months low carb with no loss. I've always found it easy to lose so was getting really frustrated. Tonight is carb night #2, Chinese with our neighbors. Noodles mostly and a fortune cookie. Not sure what else, I'm very full. Between the carbs and msg I'm guessing a multi pound gain over the next few days. Hope CNS is the magic that finally breaks my stall!