Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Salads Veggies & Side Dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Faux Twice Baked Potato (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=87398)

SusanKH Wed, Mar-17-04 16:14

I made these last night and had to keep test-tasting them before I put them in the oven. They are wonderful! We have a winner with this recipe. Thanks so much - it's so nice to have something besides a green vegetable or a salad.

Kristine Sat, Mar-20-04 17:43

Wow, this is fantastic. :thup:

I skipped the bacon to make it veggie friendly for my b/f. I also subbed the romano with parmesan. Still outstanding! :thup:

I've tried mashed cauliflower with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, or sour cream, but never though of throwing them all together!

SusanKH Wed, Mar-31-04 08:26

I made a double recipe last week and froze one casserole. This week I defrosted it and put it in the oven for 30 minutes, and it was just as good as the first one. Ummmmm....it is soooo good!

sinistress Wed, Apr-14-04 11:46

Just have to say that I loved this! I've tried several of the recipes from this forum and haven't had any luck finding anything I like
(I'm a picky eater :rolleyes: ) Basically I stick to pretty simple stuff....meat, veggies, salad but this stuff is so good and even my non lcing family loved it! Thanks so much for this recipe. I even had the leftovers for lunch!

bigted Wed, Apr-14-04 17:39

This is truly yummy :thup:
I tinkered with it an used onion and chive cream cheese and cheddar cheese but no onions but it is sooo good.

Ladycody Wed, Apr-21-04 14:43

WoW

Wanted to say thank you for this recipe. I didnt have bacon but it was still incredible! I dont think anyone would mistake the cauliflower for potatoes, but it's so good that I dont think anyone could possibly care! It's a nice treat (and really pretty filling) as a "faux" starch for those of us that cant have potatoes and pastas...but so good that I'd use this recipe whether I was low-carbing or not. Thank you again!

Maren Stoy Thu, Apr-22-04 10:00

I will have to try the onion & chive cream cheese--it sounds great! Personally, I like the bacon taste but it would probably be pretty good without it--have to try it. There is also a recipe that I got for "cauliflower potato salad" that I haven't tried yet but will soon especially with warm weather coming.

Maren Stoy

niudog Fri, May-07-04 05:52

OMG - we made this last night and had it as a side dish with baked ham. It was really tastey!!! Thanks for the recipe!!!

Talli Tue, May-11-04 08:44

I can't wait to make this!

juzame Wed, May-19-04 21:46

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD.. You guys rock!!!

Made this tonight.. my kid who hates cauliflower.. devoured it......... and my lil guy who loves mashed potatoes LOVED IT

YOU GUYS ARE A LIFE SAVOR>.. think we will be having this a lot.

anonyMouse Mon, May-31-04 13:45

I made this today but didn't want to heat up the house by turning the oven on so didn't do the twice baked. It was still DE-LISH. My parents even commented on how great it tasted. This recipe is a keeper and I can't wait til my hubby comes home in a few weeks so I can make it for him. YUMMM-EEEE.

zedneser Thu, Sep-09-04 19:25

I made this for dinner tonight and DH and I just loved it. I didn't have mushrooms, romano cheese or green onions but I had a coldby chedder mix, I minced a little bit of yellow onions and put some chives in it. FANTASTIC!!
Thanks.

byrdie16 Thu, Sep-23-04 14:02

Excellent substitute!!

Hi Donald,
Thank you soooo much for sharing your recipe(s). The faux twice-baked potatos are wonderful. :thup: I'm looking forward to trying the coconut custard dessert on your home site too.
Carol

CheesyPoof Mon, Jan-10-05 14:31

Bump for anyone who hasn't seen this -- it is FABULOUS.

sunspine17 Mon, Jan-10-05 14:37

Thanks CheesyPoof! My family STILL loves them. I had toyed with the idea of not having them as part of the meal this year for the holidays (they have become a holiday staple instead of mashed potatoes). When I mentioned it to my family (close family and the extended family I only see a few times a year) they were like "NOOOOO! But you HAVE TO make that cauliflower stuff! It's SOOOO GOOOD!" These people are addicted to that stuff and most of them are NOT on an LC plan. Good stuff!!!