Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Best Of (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   A picture is worth a thousand words (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=37260)

ketan2306 Wed, Jan-29-03 09:05

Where is the picture?

Hi, I wanted to look at the fat vs muscle jpeg but when I click on it i get an empty popup. Is there another way I can have a look at this picture?

brn2boogee Thu, Feb-27-03 22:20

Wow! I never knew! This is a great way of making a point. Thanks for sharing! :p

Natrushka Fri, Feb-28-03 13:04

Re: Where is the picture?

Quote:
Originally posted by ketan2306
Hi, I wanted to look at the fat vs muscle jpeg but when I click on it i get an empty popup. Is there another way I can have a look at this picture?
This should work:

Nat

tgill32177 Mon, Apr-28-03 14:29

Fat vs Muscle

Boy this really puts it in
perspective!

I am ready to go workout
now!

DEI Fan Wed, Apr-30-03 09:39

Yikes!! I'm going to do Taebo when I get home!!!!

BJ_1971 Wed, May-07-03 21:45

loosing fat is like loosing sticks of butter

another thing that might help you all understand what fat is like under our skin is this ---> we all know that 4 sticks of butter is equal to 1 pound. so whenever i lose a pound i think and say " i just lost 4 sticks of butter off my body!" when i first went on low carb i lost 35 pounds. that means i lost 140 sticks of butter off my body, mostly around my belly/hip areas. :Puke: i know it is repulsive to think of but i want to lose fat and exersize just get rid of all those sticks of "butter" . :hyper:

tgill32177 Thu, May-08-03 07:21

That's one way of looking at it...
I wish it melted as fast as butter. :cool:

Maybe that's what hubby was talking
about- butterin his bread or that he
knows which side his bread is buttered on.

LOL! :D

SlimShAdY Sat, May-24-03 05:30

Re: loosing fat is like loosing sticks of butter

Quote:
Originally posted by BJ_1971
another thing that might help you all understand what fat is like under our skin is this ---> we all know that 4 sticks of butter is equal to 1 pound. so whenever i lose a pound i think and say " i just lost 4 sticks of butter off my body!" when i first went on low carb i lost 35 pounds. that means i lost 140 sticks of butter off my body, mostly around my belly/hip areas. :Puke: i know it is repulsive to think of but i want to lose fat and exersize just get rid of all those sticks of "butter" . :hyper:

K.... some days I can eat a whole stick of butter in a day....

Now I'll probably never eat it again. :Puke:

arreynolds Thu, Aug-28-03 12:13

WOW!!! I have been woundering why I went from a size 28 jeans to a 24, (Goal is a 12) in 6 months and weighing 35 lbs less. I guess this sums it up!!! Thanks so much!!!

AR

cbcb Mon, Feb-16-04 12:48

Say, do you suppose...

You know how after lots of regular dieting the body tends to lower the metabolism?

Anyone ever wonder if maybe the body tries to raise weight generally any way it can... ie storing fat... BECAUSE the level of muscle has gotten too low (from dieting that has cannibalized it)?

Softy Fri, Feb-20-04 12:11

No wonder I'm so "fluffy".

AmberAA1 Wed, Mar-24-04 09:19

yuck that is icky looking, thanks for the insight Nat!

Ohio Kim Mon, Jun-21-04 09:14

What happened to the picture your all talking about? I don't see it linked anymore.

easylyvin Mon, Jun-21-04 11:27

I would like to see this picture too please! The anticipation is killing me!

patricia52 Mon, Jun-21-04 18:53

Oh good, I thought I was the only one who couldn't see the picture. You know, like the emperor's new clothes?