Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Breakfast Ideas (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Egg Crepes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=205369)

Aisleone Mon, Sep-22-08 04:31

Try them with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and Splenda! So delicious!!!

Nancy LC Mon, Sep-22-08 08:56

I posted an entry in my blog about egg crepes, with a picture: http://mostlypaleo.blogspot.com/200...egg-crepes.html

lizzyLC Mon, Sep-22-08 13:14

I make them to replace pastas in italian baked dishes.

deeyounee Tue, Jan-20-09 14:25

Sounds like a great recipe, I'll try this tomorrow morning, i just ordered some LC "Nutella" Should taste great in between a rolled up crepe.

sraz Wed, Jan-21-09 08:54

This recipe brought me to this thread. Ate it with strawberries and whip cream (made with splenda) and it is absolutely delicious. I think I can say good-bye to bacon and eggs now. Thanks so much for the recipe

NrgQuest Sun, Feb-08-09 23:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraz
This recipe brought me to this thread. Ate it with strawberries and whip cream (made with splenda) and it is absolutely delicious. I think I can say good-bye to bacon and eggs now. Thanks so much for the recipe

Ummmmm bacon crepes.

msmum1977 Wed, Jul-15-09 09:45

hmmmmm I'm thinking these rolled up with smoked salmon with a sprinkle of fresh chives and/or dill & capers and topped with a little cream cheese or sour cream.

Yummmmmmmmmmmmm

Nancy_B Sat, Jun-19-10 10:23

My mom always made English pancakes. We made a sauce out of butter and lemon juice, sprinkled with powdered sugar. I think I will try it with Splenda!

I also like crepes with cream cheese (with vanilla and splenda) and a little mixed berries. Delish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisleone
Try them with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and Splenda! So delicious!!!

graciejean Sat, Jun-19-10 13:50

I've got to try these,TKs

Omnomnom Sun, Aug-08-10 07:19

tastes like eggs. a rolled up omelet I suppose. I tried it with butter and cinnamon to go with the flow. liked the butter and the cinnamon on its own better than on an egg.

Nancy LC Sun, Aug-08-10 08:53

I'm now filling these with lemon egg-custard and berries. Sooooo tasty.

graciejean Sun, Aug-08-10 11:27

I got to try these.Are they just as good cool as to hot?Which is the best?

Nancy LC Sun, Aug-08-10 23:12

I always eat them warm. It'd be fine cool too, I'm sure.

Candimk2 Thu, Feb-23-12 10:10

I LOVE crepes & I especially love the idea of putting some cream cheese & SF preserves in (well when I can have fruit that is). But I can definitely have the cinnamon & splenda now, yummy! God must have led me to this recipe b/c I was just sitting here thinking how I would like something sweet every once in a while for breakfast. Ok, actually I was thinking about this WONDERFUL bread pudding that I had the other day & lamenting that I wouldn't be able to have it again for a while, lol. So thanks for this recipe! :)

deb34 Thu, Feb-23-12 15:58

[QUOTE=GlendaRC]Hmmm ... I'm thinking breakfast wrap filled with a little salmon salad. I wonder if they're stronger if you cook them the night before and use them cold?

All of a sudden, I'm envious of Ontarians - here in Victoria, I can't find anything heavier than whipping cream, and that has too many stabilizers added! I've been using 18% table cream, but I'd love to find a source for 35% cream!!![/QUOTE]

here in Ontario 35% cream IS whipping cream

here's a list of the different % of the creams sold here

Quote:

Clotted cream: not made locally - imported from England sterilized, in jars, tastes nothing like the "real thing"

Double cream: made by Western Creamery for Loblaw's - thick, and nearly solid if not stirred. Doesn't whip well and doesn't need whipping to use as a topping

Heavy cream: I've never seen it for sale

Whipping cream: 32-35% depending on brand

Sterilized cream: refers to either tetra packed or canned cream or to individual UHT creamers for foodservice - it's a packaging term with no specific butterfat level implied
Cream or single cream: I've never seen for sale

Coffee cream or table cream: 18%

Half-&-Half: 10%

Light cream: 5%