Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Kitchen Talk (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Please Vote On Forum Idea (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=89958)

windy Mon, Mar-03-03 09:12

I think this is a great idea. I try to make recipes every so often to avoid bgetting bored. I always like to add recipes to my little book I have made.

Windy

Kristine Mon, Mar-03-03 09:59

I gotta admit - because I don't have a car and don't like going to the grocery store any more than I have to, I tend to cook things based on availability of ingredients in my kitchen. Plus, I'm often only cooking for myself, since b/f is a vegetarian. So I probably wouldn't be participating often. But loving cooking as much as I do now, I *know* I'd be suckered in at least sometimes. ;)

Don't know if it needs its own forum, though. There are already too many. Maybe just a new 'recipe club' thread every week? Then the old threads can be moved to the appropriate section of the "kitchen" forum. Would that work?

S_Hysmith Mon, Mar-03-03 10:07

I mentioned my thoughts on having its own forum in the MasterCook thread:

Quote:
Actually, comments and critique was one of the reasons I was suggesting an entirely new link called "Recipe of the Week" underneath "Low-Carb Kitchen"; by allowing seperate threads for each RoW we could allow readers who come to our forum in the coming months or years to easily follow discussion and refinement of a particular recipe. It would also be the easiest way to make it the most visible; by enabling readers to jump to it from the landing page.

I also think that giving the RoW club its own identity will help the "community" feeling of this venture, and I think that would help keep participation higher.

IMHO. :D

As far as the organizational aspects of it, Wanda and I have volunteered to help drive it, and I'm sure there will be more offers to help as this takes off!

GinaV Mon, Mar-03-03 10:25

I would definitely be interested in the recipe club.

Gina

Scarlet Mon, Mar-03-03 12:21

Sounds great to me!

LOL Mom Mon, Mar-03-03 14:50

Count me in! My success depends on variety in my menus. I haven't gotten bored yet and have no intentions of letting myself get that way!

fine Mon, Mar-03-03 15:08

Hi guys yes I would also participate in this, but as Demi says we would need to know what are the equivalent ingredients in the UK and bearing in mind we can't get all that you can...but again, as Demi says that could be a good ol' challenge, (knowing the ingredients can help muchly!)
Good luck :thup:

SummerYet Mon, Mar-03-03 16:39

I think it is a great idea! I am in :)

~Michelle

DuPont Mon, Mar-03-03 18:52

I'm in

Just bought the book 365 ways to cook eggs...I'd love to share some of the recipes.

KDdid Mon, Mar-03-03 21:35

I am in!!! I have to say, being that my husband is a truck driver, I rarely cook. Just feeding one can be difficult. Honestly, I would probably not participate every week...more like once or twice a month. I love the idea, and would follow the posts every week. I can see where more people would be willing to try "tried-and-true" recipes. I definately would. I am also interested to see how people use and prepare various vegetables that I am not familiar with (jicama, turnip, daikon, etc.). Thumbs up all the way!

Magicslr Mon, Mar-03-03 22:03

I'm in. I'm always looking for new recipes which fit or can be tweeked to the ingrediants I have in my kitchen.

This can be a lot of fun, looking forward to meeting all the people.

Magic

Kathy54 Mon, Mar-03-03 22:48

Count me in. I love food forums, they have a more personal touch, than just a recipe link.
Gee, did everyone remember to vote, I almost forget, got caught up in reading the post here instead!

Great Idea Cheers Kathy :thup:

Julie Huck Tue, Mar-04-03 15:51

You can definitely count me it :)

Julie Huck
310/269.5/160

lattegrl Tue, Mar-04-03 18:38

I want in!

I love trying out the new stuff! will be fun to see how the seasonal differences affect what we're cooking! Right now I am watching the snow fall and want hot veggies but check back in July- I will be after those frozen dessert and cold salad recipes :yum:
LET'S GET COOKING!

lkonzelman Wed, Mar-05-03 12:42

Good idea... i'm in.