PDA

View Full Version : that flying fairy does some good!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wussypuff
Wed, Jun-06-01, 13:40
well, i was just about to come on here and complain about my terrible chocolate cravings!!!! and then the whoosh fairy flew by and now i feel a bit insignificant in the chocolate category...hmm...well, i figure i may as well bring it up anyway *L* besides russel stover *which is WONDERFUL* anyone know some more options for serious chocolate cravings?? i went into the recipe forum but everything takes so long to make, and i'm a terrible cook...i've tried some recipes out of a low carb book that i got and they're god awful!!! *L* i almost sunk so low as to eat a peanut butter cup but not swallow it, just wallow in taste *oy* OH, and my lemonade pops have only trace amount of carbs per serving *yay* so no worries!!! :)

-wussypuff :rolleyes:

rainny
Wed, Jun-06-01, 13:59
Try the chocolate mouse I posted! The recipe sounds a little odd...BUT IT IS SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO GGGGGGGGGOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L:pRRAINE

wussypuff
Wed, Jun-06-01, 15:05
i'm terrible at searches and i've done three...where's the mousse recipe?? *L* i'm dying here!!!

-wussypuff :rolleyes:

rainny
Wed, Jun-06-01, 15:27
I couldn't find it either...so here ya good! Strange...I know this one by heart! ha! BE CAREFUL!! It adds up! I do a Big spoon full for taste...And try to leave it at that!

L:DRRAINE

Chocolate Mousse

2 small containers of whipping cream
1- 8 oz cream cheese ROOM TEMP
2 teaspoons of SUGAR FREE peanut butter
Splenda
2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract

and if you want to add a little twist to it…a couple a drops of almond extract! LOVE THIS!

Whip cream till it peaks in a GLASS BOWL {very important} add splenda to taste {keep a count so you can figure carbs} whip some more.
Add cocoa vanilla and peanut butter…whip again
Add Cream cheese a little at a time as you whip.
Put in fridge…of freezer if in a hurry! Hee hee!

Note:
Peanut butter really gives it a good flavor…I’m not much of a peanut butter fan…but its GREAT IN THIS!
Good luck and try it as pop sickles too! MMMmmmmm

IslandGirl
Thu, Jun-07-01, 00:53
Dear Lorraine,
why not post it in the Recipes section (tab at the top of the page) for all to easily find in future? Sounds tasty.

debbiedobson
Fri, Jun-08-01, 16:24
wussypuff try these links from truly low carb:
http://pub55.ezboard.com/ftrulylowcarbfrm7.showMessage?topicID=141.topic

http://pub55.ezboard.com/ftrulylowcarbfrm7.showMessage?topicID=68.topic

these are a couple of reeeeeeal faaaast recipes. all you need is a microwave!:D

Bobbie
Tue, Jun-12-01, 17:21
Here is something that I have tried and is actually pretty good. You can buy semi-sweet chocolate chips and they have 10 carbs for 30, but if you only eat 15, then it is only 5 carbs, then you get peanut butter and eat the two together. The key is moderation. One spoonful.

Another trick that I try is cream cheese softened in the microwave for about 10 seconds. I then put a pack of Equal on it and melt a couple of chocolate chip morsels in it. It is very good!!!!

CherylAust
Thu, Aug-16-01, 06:10
I had a major chocolate craving today and needed something fast. My daughter has some fundraising chocolate bars to sell and I knew if I didn't do something I would eat one of those.
I beat up some cream, approx 1/4 cup, added a teaspoon of cocoa and a little splenda. It isn't fancy but it killed those cravings big time.

Cheryl

RedAngel
Thu, Aug-16-01, 11:16
that sounds really good!!! i'll try that out...i'm KNOW i'm going to have killer cravings this week *and i'm going to a birthday party today...gah!!!*

-Red Angel *aka wussypuff*

Sharon
Thu, Aug-16-01, 14:43
Whow! Looks like everyone came through to help you get past those cravings with some great lowcarb recipes.. Now the hard part....try not over do it!!!

Sharon
Thu, Aug-16-01, 14:46
HI Rainny, if you have the carb count for that great looking Mousse recipe, I'll add them to your recipe and post it in the "recipe" section.

Thanks