PDA

View Full Version : Doreen..Re-Revolution Rolls

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Carol
Tue, May-08-01, 19:52
Hi....I made your version of the rolls today only changed it a wee bit.I used oat flour instead of the soy.Turned out excellent!! I would post the photo here but am still having problems doing so.Here is the link to Barbo's where I have put the photo...whole rolls & one split in half.Next I want to try the Danish! I still have to taste one and will tomorrow for lunch..........thanks for a great recipe!! :)
Carol

http://www.laguna2001.com/barbo/index.pl

tamarian
Tue, May-08-01, 21:21
Here's the pic, it really works carol! I saved the one you had there in my disk and just used the browse. What happens when you try it? Do you receive any errors?

Carol
Wed, May-09-01, 07:17
Thanks Wa'il,
Posting a pic only worked 1 out of 4 tries for me.It just doesn't show up.I've tried from PhotoPoint as well as from my personal files.I was going to try last night but feel silly when I say there's a photo and nothing shows up!! :) Further down the page at Barbo's is a pic of the 6 rolls I made.I tried one last night with a bit of whipped butter.....YUM.....a keeper!!

Carol

tamarian
Wed, May-09-01, 07:30
Carol, if you try it in the future and it doesn't work, please email me the exact file you tried to attach. I need this to investigate if there is a problem, and make sure it never happens. It's just no fun reading about a pic somewhere else, and then go search for it on another site between lots of messages, if it can be done in one place. :)

Wa'il

doreen T
Wed, May-09-01, 08:48
Carol, thanks for making the rolls and taking a pic. They really are a lifesaver for someone like me who has a lot of problems digesting yeasted breads. There is also a "mulitgrain" version, with more bran and flax meal, which I've posted to the Recipes page. I'm also working on a version without soy flour or ricotta, and with variety of flavours, which I'll be posting soon.

Doreen

to Wa'il -- I tested uploading pics in the Test forum, and found that I definitely had to wait a whole minute, ie 60 seconds, between uploading one pic, and then posting a reply with another pic. What happened if I did not wait, was that the first picture and the reply even, just disappeared, and was replaced with the new pic. I posted, then posted a reply, then a 2nd reply. What I ended up with was one single post, containing the third pic. But, when I waited the full minute, I was able to post replies, each with a different pic. Don't know if this helps, but it might explain the disappearing picture for Carol, if she attempted to repost too soon after the first try.

just a thought, Doreen .. :)

Carol
Thu, May-10-01, 07:41
Doreen...these rolls are wonderful!! I made an Egg McMuffin yesterday for breakfast and it held together perfectly! I'm hoping it will work as a hamburger bun!
Couple of questions.........in your multigrain rolls, could I use cottage cheese or are the the results better using ricotta?Also, I can't eat flaxseed so would an equal amount of bran be okay to use.I get a very weak feeling when I eat flaxseed.

Your recipes are making a hit at Barbo's and I know a few of the girls are going to be baking! They used to make Atkins original recipe but the found the rolls too crumbly & they would deflate as they were cooling.I told them to follow your recipe and see the success!

Carol