PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Salmon

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cougar
Sat, Apr-20-02, 11:56
I have a question about Smoked Salmon.

When it is in a recipe does it need to be cooked? I've never eaten it before and I don't know anything about it.

Thanks

Cougar

aisha
Mon, May-27-02, 10:51
Best to eat it uncooked with scrambled eggs-or stir it up in them

Karen
Mon, May-27-02, 13:37
You can it it as is or add it to dishes at the last minute. It is only cooked if specified in a recipe like a casserole.

It's great wrapped around asparagus spears or can by chopped and mixed with butter to go on vegetables like cauliflower and broccoli. Or miked with cream cheese as a dip for vegetables. A liitle goes a long way when used like this.

Karen

BarbCA
Thu, Feb-13-03, 18:43
If it's heated too much it gets really fishy tasting. As stated above add at the last. I like the Alder smoked salmon from Washington which flakes. Crumble it up in an omelette withcream cheese and chives. Mmmm. Good!

bauered
Fri, Feb-14-03, 10:42
The salmon is cooked enough through the smoking process.

Teuthis
Mon, Mar-03-03, 07:16
The smoking process "cooks" the salmon. It is best to eat it without any further cooking. You can heat it slightly as part of a recipe but it is not necessary. I think it manifests its best flavor at room temperature.

Good Luck!