PDA

View Full Version : Nut Butter Recipes Wanted

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jeanne
Fri, Apr-19-02, 22:08
Hello you all. :roll: I have just tried to make some almond butter and it turned out kinda ok. However, I don't have a recipe and I was wondering if any of you marvelous cooks might have made it before and it turned out wonderful. :spin: I have looked around on the Internet and haven't found anything. Can anyone share their recipes and successes in making any type of nut butter? I would love it, as it is so expensive to buy. It just can't be that tough to make. Thanks. Jeanne :daze:

Karen
Sat, Apr-20-02, 09:50
You can do it in a food processor, but it will never have the creaminess that commercially prepared nut butters have.

Lightly toast the nuts and cool completely. Fill the bowl about 1/3 full. You need enough to process but too much to make it difficult. Start off by pulsing and when the nuts are finely chopped, let it run until the nuts become pasty. Scrape the bowl frequently. Very cautiously add droplets of a neutral flavoured vegetable - or you can use nut oils to match the flavour of the nuts- until a butter is formed.

Some natural foods stores have peanut butter grinding machines. You could ask them if you could run another nut through it. Check out bulk food stores too. They sometimes have better prices on nut butters.

Karen

Jeanne
Sat, Apr-20-02, 22:51
Thanks Karen, I'll give both options a try. Jeanne

Fumih_81
Sun, Apr-21-02, 06:35
sounds very interesting!~

in fact i dont really like nuts, but i like peanut butter....

are there any other places where i can look for nut butter recipes?

i think commercial peanut butter has some sugar contents...are there any good peanut butter brands that has low carb contents?