PDA

View Full Version : Sam I Am.....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ceddiana77
Wed, Jan-14-09, 12:40
Hi everyone!

Thjought I'd let everyone in on a recipe I found...I won't post it for fear of copyright infringement...but it is a Rachel Ray one for "Green Eggs and Ham". Basically ham "cups" with creamed spinach and a poached egg. These were SOOOO GOOD!! I like them, yes I do, Sam I am.....I like them in a car, near or far, on a plate, six or eight...LOL. You can do a google search for the recipe!!!

I'm thinking there could be all kinds of low carb variations on this too!!

tommiec68
Wed, Jan-14-09, 13:11
I just googled this and am anxious to try. Basicaly you use a muffin tin and line with ham or turkey and fill with satued mushrooms/onions or creamed spinich and top with an egg and bake. I do not think I would like it made that way so my plan is to fill with spinich quich mix (frozen chopped spinich, heavy cream, eggs, cheese, optional mushrooms, green peppers, onions). You could also use turkey instead of ham. This could be good.

Tammie

ceddiana77
Wed, Jan-14-09, 13:18
I didn't use the shallots ( although I bet it would be even better that way! ) and I was a bit concerned if I would like that "poached" egg on top...but I did! But also sounds like a great plan with the spinach quiche mixture!!!

By they way, I made these Sunday and kept them refrigerated and nuked them for a minute in the AM....still just as good.

tommiec68
Wed, Jan-14-09, 13:22
I use to make crustless quich every week to have for work breakfast and would usually put ham in the mix and top with cheese when reheating. So this would be about the same. I would want to put cheese on top of these as well when reheating.

Tammie

Nancy LC
Wed, Jan-14-09, 14:47
Posting a link isn't a copyright infringement.

tommiec68
Wed, Jan-14-09, 15:12
Here is where I found it

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/green-eggs-and-ham-recipe/index.html

IslandGirl
Wed, Jan-14-09, 15:17
It's a beautiful thing...I'd MAYBE change out the shallots for green onions (minced and added at the last minute to the creamed spinach) and add a bit of white pepper, but otherwise, I'd leave it strictly alone...

Yum-O.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/green-eggs-and-ham-recipe/index.html

:wave:

bike2work
Wed, Jan-14-09, 20:12
This looks good! Anyone tried it? How does the ham turn out? In my daydream it ends up crispy. :) Probably not in reality, though.

feelskinny
Wed, Jan-14-09, 20:34
What good stuff.

penelope
Wed, Jan-14-09, 20:36
I will blend the spinach with the eggs and onions. I don't like the textture of cooked spinach but pulverized it will be like a pale green souffle.

ceddiana77
Thu, Jan-15-09, 12:19
This looks good! Anyone tried it? How does the ham turn out? In my daydream it ends up crispy. :) Probably not in reality, though.

Umm....it is kind of crispy!

Last night I made some with bacon and mozzerella cheese, with the poached egg on top - it was all I had. Concept is great; RR's green eggs and ham recipe is MUCH better than what I had last night!!!