PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Sauce?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lowcarbjo
Mon, Mar-11-02, 18:14
Can anyone help me?? I'm looking to make a LC BBQ sauce for ribs. Any suggestions?? Can't find one anywhere. Thanks. :spin:

mermaid
Fri, Mar-22-02, 08:36
I've made reg. bbq sauce before. I don't know about totally low carb. Because tomatoes are the base of the sauce. I would try either crushed tom. and or tom. paste adding sugar sub and brownsugar sub. I would add salt, pepper, mustard ( not yellow),
garlic powder,if you want spicy I would add chili powder and cumin. You need more vinegar and worcestershire sauce has 1 carb per tsp and thats what really makes your sauce. I would use just alittle and maybe some other flavored vinegar or just staight vinegar. Add some water at the end. You don't want it to soupy but just enough so your able to let the mixture reduce. Bring it to a boil and let it reduce on the lowest heat until it becomes the right consistency. This contains basically all the same ingredients that the reg. bbq sauce has. Play around with the ingredients you cant really mess it up. I like spicy hot food so for the vinegar part I would probably use hot sauce for hot wings. No carbs in there. Good Luck