PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Stir Fry?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NYKnixNY33
Thu, Mar-07-02, 10:43
I was thinking about making a chicken stir fry for dinner but I had a question about the type of sauce to use. Does anyone know of a low carb, low sugar chinese or stir fry sauce that would be good to use? Also, is it ok to fry the chicken and veggies vegteable oil? Thanks

starfish
Tue, Mar-12-02, 23:31
Hi there, I loooove stir fry, and I just went to Chinese grocery store today, and found two sauces, thought you might be interested.

Bull Head Barbecue Sauce
( it's a weird name, but don't worry it's not made out of real bull head :D)
ingredients: soy bean oil, garlic, shallots, chili, spice, brill fish, dry shrimp, salt.
2tbsp: cal-147, total fat-15, total carb-1g, fiber-1g, protien-2g
I used 1.5 tbsp - 2tbs, it's a little greasy for me, but it's only a little spicy, and it's a pretty good sauce.

Shrimp Paste with soya bean oil
I don't understand the name of the brand, it's not in English, there are many different kinds, so check the labels, the one one I got is in a small galss bottle and red color sauce.
1 tbsp: cal-80, total fat-8g, total carb- less than 2g, fiber-less than 1g, sugar-0g, protein 1g.
This one is pretty spicy, you will only need about 1/4tsp or 1/2 tsp for 1 dish.

Hope this is helping-

Oh BTW, if you are making chicken stir fry, you can marinate the chicken with salt and a little soy sauce ( I use the brand called Kikkoman, it has less carbs than other brands ), and mix well w/ 1 egg white, and stir fry w/ veggies, it'll make chicken more tender. I don't see why you can't stir fry with vegetable oil. Enjoy :roll:

Tess