PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a recipe for sugar free fudge candy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Gabrielle
Sat, Mar-02-02, 17:42
My aunt, who's diabetic, is searching for a good recipe for fudge candy. I've search the internet, and the Atkins site, but haven't found to many things listed. Any ideas of where I might find a recipe for this?

Thanks,

Gabrielle

Natrushka
Sat, Mar-02-02, 17:48
Funny I saw this tonight, Gabrielle - I was searching and I came across a recipe for 'almond rocha fudge'.

ALMOND ROCHA FUDGE

3 Squares unsweetened chocolate
2 Tablespoons Giradelli unsweetened Cocoa powder
8 ounces cream cheese cut into small pieces
3 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons heavy cream
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup Splenda
Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate squares in microwave; stir in remaining ingredients.
Allow to set up in refrigerator

In a saucepan combine:
¼ cup Davinci carmel syrup
2 Tablespoons Butter
Cook this over medium heat until it is reduced to ½ the amount. Cool - Pour over fudge. Top with ½ cup chopped almonds.
May be stored refrigerated or cut into squares and frozen.
Cut into quarters. Cut each quarter into 14 squares = 1 Grams carbs per piece

Nat

Gabrielle
Sat, Mar-02-02, 19:38
Thank you. It looks good to me. I may give it a try myself. :)

Gab

donnaj
Sun, Mar-24-02, 04:27
I made this experimenting and it was so good I ate the whole thing. I hope you like it.

8 oz of softened cream cheese
1/2 cup of splenda
4 tbsp. of crunchy peanut butter
2 tbsp. of crushed non salted peanuts

Beat the cream cheese utill smooth and add splenda and beat some more. Add the peanut butter and beat until smooth. Butter a small pan with butter and pour mixture into pan and sprinle with crushed peanuts. Put into freezer and enjoy. I haven't worked out the carbs but I well and report the results.
Donna :wave:

joanne42
Sun, Mar-24-02, 06:40
Natrushka what size pan do you use????