PDA

View Full Version : Whipped cream - what should be in it.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wbahn
Tue, Feb-26-02, 16:49
I thought I posted this once - but can't find it.

I made some whipped cream a couple weeks ago and it turned out OK but the taste seemed off.

I used 4 oz of Heavy Whipping Cream and 1 tsp (perhaps only 1/2 tsp) of vanilla and 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder. I whipped it with an electric mixer and got about 1 cup of a pretty dense whipped cream.

Does whipped cream normally have something else in it? Should I put some Splenda in it?

jesdorka
Tue, Feb-26-02, 18:38
yes, i would put splenda, the amount would be to your taste, mmmmm good :)

rubysoho
Mon, Jul-08-02, 17:33
I added splenda to the same thing, and froze the whole bowl.

It made a pseudo ice cream!!
YUMMMMM!

Lunula
Thu, Sep-12-02, 11:27
I use the 4 oz carton of heavy whipping cream, a teaspoon of vanilla and a tablespoon of Splenda... it's wonderful. I wanted to add some cocoa powder, as well... but when I looked at the carb count, I decided not to. My husband likes me to make little frozen "kisses" out of this whipping cream... yummy, but really rich!