PDA

View Full Version : Shepard's Bread in Bread Machine

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

joanie
Sun, Feb-24-02, 14:30
OK, I suspect that this has been discussed before and I apologize for asking again, but for us "newbies", can someone tell me where I can find the Sheperd's bread recipe for a bread machine?! I would like to try the recipe but need a little hand holding; haven't made bread in ages. Thanks very much for your help!

doreen T
Mon, Feb-25-02, 12:10
hi Joanie,

Wa'il's Shepherd's Bread recipe is specifically a manual "by hand" method, and can't be adapted for bread machine. I do encourage you to try it; it's awesome, and worth the effort :yum:

We had a humorous discussion about this some time ago, you might want to check it out here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361). There's actually some good tips there, and alternate suggestions for lowcarb recipes for the bread machine.

Happy Baking!! :)

Doreen

joanie
Tue, Feb-26-02, 12:42
Thanks, Doreen. I'll give it a whirl...one of these days when I'm not chasing around a very active 17 month old toddler!