PDA

View Full Version : Falling Banana Bread?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Norma June
Sat, Dec-23-00, 11:49
A friend asked me if I knew how to prevent her banana bread from caving in. Not being Suzy Homemaker I didn't know but I said I would ask you guys. Anyone have any suggetions? She lives in Austin, Texas, in case it's an altitude thing.

ciao everyone,
Norma June (Barrie, ON)

Karen
Sun, Dec-24-00, 12:11
Hi NJ,

Is it a low or high carb banana bread? If you can post the recipe, I would probably be able to figure it out.

Karen

Norma June
Sun, Dec-24-00, 21:14
Hi Karen,

My friend is doing L.C. but I think she said this is not a LC recipe. I thought perhaps she may have been beating the batter too much.

Any ideas (without knowing the recipe)? What are the normal reasons for falling breads?

NJ

Karen
Mon, Dec-25-00, 10:52
My first guess would be that the pan she is baking it in may be too small. If the pan is too small, the batter has no where to go and will fall in on itself. The next three would be either too much sugar, fat or leavening agent. Overbeating develops gluten, which would make the bread a bit firm.

Merry Christmas!

Karen

Norma June
Mon, Dec-25-00, 20:08
Thak you Karen, I've sent your comments to my friend. I hope that solves her problem.

Much appreciated, thank you.

Merry Christmas to you & yours.

NJ