PDA

View Full Version : Daily Menu Thread - Saturday January 12

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AngelaR
Sat, Jan-12-02, 06:27
Originally posted by alto
please don't wait for me to start this thread; I don't own it :) Anyone who's interested in Daily Menus, please feel free to post the thread; just check to make sure there's not already one up.

Last week I did a day of "grazing" and found it very satisfying. Grazing is eating multiple small meals rather than 3 meals a day. I'd like to try it for 2 weeks and see if there are benefits for me.

I'll post my graze and edit this post as the day progresses. But I wanted to share an accidental success - maybe a newly invented recipe.

Philly Beef Rollups:
1 slice deli roast beef
1 tablespoon onions and 2 strips red or green peper, sauteed until tender but not mushy.
1 slice of cheese, swiss is good.

Place the roast beef flat on a cutting board or dinner plate.
Put swiss cheese slice on top
Pile the sauteed onion and pepper on one end
Roll up tightly cigar style
Microwave just until the cheese gets soft but not real runny
Eat hot, or allow to cool and eat as finger food

Your carb counts will vary depending on the brand of cheese and roast beef you use. Mine worked out to 2.7 per rollup. 2 rollups are very filling.

Everyone have a great day!

The day's graze:
4 cups of black coffee
3 philly beef rollups
2 hard boilded eggs
2 slices swiss cheese
2 pepperettes
5 large radishes

Dinner was a spur of the moment extravaganza cuz I felt like tinkering in the kitchen:
broiled rainbow trout fillet
salad with 3 kinds of lettuce, and assorted chopped veggies with oil and vinegar dressing
broiled mushroom caps stuffed with crumbled bacon, sauted onions and red peppers, mozzarella cheese

alto
Sat, Jan-12-02, 08:47
Hey! We have a Daily Menus forum now -- thank you, Wa'il. Now there will be no excuse for people saying "what can I eat."

Thanks for the recipe -- that looks good, and easy :)

This is the beginning of "You're Going to Cook, Dammit" week for me.

Breakfast: 4 slices slab bacon (no nitrates), 2 scrambled eggs

Lunch: filet mignon (I bought four really nice ones), steamed asparagus with butter (baby asparagus, thinner than my finger)

Dinner: short ribs parisienne (found a crockpot recipe on the net; basically short ribs and onions cooked all day, then mushrooms suateed in butter and added at the end, with sour cream) wiith Brussel sprouts a la Marlaine (sliced and sauteed with garlic and butter)

agonycat
Sat, Jan-12-02, 08:56
For some reason my induction seems longer than the 14 days but it isn't. I have another 3 days left.

So far:

Breakfast:
4 slices of bacon
3 eggs
1 tbls butter

Lunch:
Salad with shrimp, capers and raspberry vinaigrette