PDA

View Full Version : Atkins-Like Bake Mix

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

IslandGirl
Thu, Jan-10-02, 17:35
From our Readers' Recipe section:

Auto generated link to page (Please do not remove): http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/rrecipe004.html

Ellen42
Sun, Jan-19-03, 16:01
I have never used the Faux Atkins Bake Mix and I see that there are two different recipes. Has anyone tried these...which one is the best to use? Thanks for any info!

smuffy24
Mon, Jan-20-03, 16:04
Do either of you know where to get the atkins products in Kelwona????? I don't know where to look
Happy lowcarbing SMuffy :wave:

Ellen42
Mon, Jan-20-03, 18:44
Hi, I think that your best bet is a health food store. Also the Overwaitea store here has the soy flour. Good luck! :) :wave:

CooknCajun
Mon, Dec-18-06, 23:15
Islandgirl,

Have you tried this recipe? I'm browsing the older recipe posts and found this one. Wanted to know how it turns out in baking.

Mahalo!

cheeselovr
Tue, Jun-23-09, 02:33
Hi there, just wondering what you meant by soda? Is that baking soda? Thanks.

IslandGirl
Fri, Jun-26-09, 13:04
Hi there, just wondering what you meant by soda? Is that baking soda? Thanks.

Not my recipe, I just linked it. But yes, that's baking soda; ALL the ingredients are dry powders, including the soda.

:wave:

SherBel
Sat, Jun-27-09, 18:41
Hi, Island Girl,

Am I safe in assuming that soy powder is soy flour?

IslandGirl
Fri, Jul-10-09, 13:15
Hi.

Fearns (in the States) used to make a soy powder...but no, in my experience, that's not a safe assumption.

I always work on the assumption that if soy powder is called for, I sub "soy protein isolate" and if soy flour is called for, my preference is stoneground roasted "soy flour". Soy flour comes in a number of variations.

Nutrition information differences between these two, soy protein isolate and basic soy flour, can be found either in the Tools\Carb Counter (see the green menu bar above) or the USDA searchable website (the base info for almost any carb/nutrition counter in North America).