PDA

View Full Version : Faux Atkins Bake Mix

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

IslandGirl
Thu, Jan-10-02, 17:35
From our Readers' Recipe section:

Auto generated link to page (Please do not remove): http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/rrecipe008.html

JackATL
Sat, Apr-06-02, 13:33
Has anyone tried making this? Where do you find the ingredients?

IslandGirl
Sun, Apr-07-02, 20:14
Yes, ALL our Readers' recipes have been made by and submitted by (one of) our members! :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

I find the ingredients in either a Health Food Store or a grocery store. The staff in these places will always be helpful if you ask.

Hope this helps you out (and be sure to go to our Introductions forum and say hello!).

lilshug
Sat, May-25-02, 09:39
Hi!
Just wondering if the carb count is the equivalent of the Atkins'. If so, this recipe makes me a very happy camper!
xoL

IslandGirl
Sat, May-25-02, 16:29
Hi, LilShug.

Are you talking about the Faux Atkins Bakemix at the Readers' Recipes section here on this website, at http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/rrecipe008.html ?

If so, working out the carb count is pretty easy, just add up the carb counts of all the Ingredients, and since it makes about 3 Cups, you'll then know that, say 1/4 Cup of the FABM is about 1/12th of the total carb count. Hey Presto.

lilshug
Sat, May-25-02, 18:14
Thanks IslandGirl, for responding. I really appreciate the counting tip. I don't have a cannister on hand of the Atkins', so I figured someone might have the answer, having used it already.
xoL

IslandGirl
Sun, May-26-02, 13:47
Hey, here's another tip for you, and even quicker than waiting and hoping...

The product website at www.atkinscenter.com (bookmark this one) will have, with 30 seconds digging, the product/serving/nutrition info you need.

Almost every product has a website and almost every website has the info or an email address to get it.

Plus, of course, our very own Products forum is there for the searching, in case this has been asked and answered already in the 1.5 years this site has been up and running. Good odds, right?

tchrl8y
Wed, Jan-15-03, 16:20
How many servings does this recipe make? How many carbs per serving? How big is a serving? Thanks!!! Sorry for so many questions!! I am new at this :) :daze:

Ellen42
Mon, Jan-20-03, 18:50
There are two recipes for this mix. Has anyone tried them? Which one is the best? Thanks :help: :wave:

GotNoName
Fri, Jun-25-04, 06:09
:agree:
I agree with lilshug. This faux Atkins bake mix would be a lot cheaper to make and more convinient. Thanks
:D