PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to make ....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PJ in Miam
Sat, Jan-05-02, 17:23
Hi folks,

How does one make 'home made' LC maple syrup? I saw that in a recipe here.

Does anyone know a recipe for home-made blue cheese dressing? I know a local restaurant makes it from scratch, it's quite heavenly, and I'm sure far more low carb than the sugar infested sorts the grocery store now calls blue cheese. The restaurant didn't wanna give me their recipe though. :)

I'm so excited! I just realized that I could be adding tofu and an egg to my shakes which could only improve them... and the mock danish sounds wonderful... and I think I'll bake chicken and try some curry ideas with it late tonight.

I have never really cooked and was only casually interested in the LC recipes until 3 days of lowcarb, struggling to find something to eat that gave me 'enough' of everything and didn't take an hour to fix and taste vile! Now I'm deeply appreciative of each and every one! :)

PJ

Karen
Sat, Jan-05-02, 20:27
It warms my heart that you're starting to cook! You can also add flax seed oil to your shakes to boost calories and omega 3 fats.

Can't help with the LC maple syrup. Maybe DaVinci makes it?

Blue Cheese Dressing

4 oz. blue cheese of your choice, crumbled
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Mash the cheese to a paste. Stir in the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar and garlic. Season to taste.

This is very thick. You can thin it out with water if you like. It's wonderful with cooked mushrooms.

Karen

IslandGirl
Sun, Jan-06-02, 21:55
with the homemade LC maple syrup... which recipe was it in, PJ?

A quick maple-butter "recipe" which does very nicely in a pinch is to thoroughly mix a drop of maple flavoring ("extract") and your favourite sweetener with softened room-temperature butter. Start with a stick of butter and add 1 drop maple flavor and sweetener to taste.

:D