PDA

View Full Version : The Thunderstick

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kengib
Fri, Dec-21-01, 12:58
I've seen the television sales promotions for the Thunderstick and the seems like a remarkable kitchen appliance however I've also read some bad reviews.

Does anyone have good experience with the item??

ken

alto
Fri, Dec-21-01, 13:00
I haven't seen those, Ken, and I have to ask -- what the heck is a Thunderstick? I have a vision of a Viking god standing in the kitchen, torching a steak with one good clean whack!!! OR is it a giant kebab thingy?

itsjoyful
Fri, Dec-21-01, 13:31
alto....

http://www.thunderstick-mixer.com/

i like your version better... lol
regards,
brenda

kengib
Fri, Dec-21-01, 13:39
The Thunderstick is a high speed mixer that is being advertised several times a week on our channel 14 TV station. By coincidence I fell upon the demonstrations twice this past month while surfing the TV. They put on a good show with a mixer that can whip milk into something whipped cream [Ill bet they had a thickener in the mix with the milk]. They also took pecans and made pecan butter in seconds. They mentioned it is the best device to make shakes and egg nog. The price came to about $60 and when I did a web search on the item found them for $38 in ebay and then found a few unkind comments.

ken from Maryland

moonmist
Thu, Feb-07-02, 19:29
i wanna get one of those... ive seen the infomercial a couple of times and if it wasnt so expensive id go for one. unless i heard some good reviews

kengib
Thu, Feb-07-02, 21:39
I finally did get a similar item for $29 at Bed Bath and Beyond by Braun. Its called a hand mixer... is a little smaller than the thunderstick and lighter but turned out quite satisfactory..

We mix the morning omelets, shakes, whipping cream and chopping nuts. Made a nice batch of almond flour. It will not pulverize ice.... That is the only thing I wsee it won't do but that's ok as we still have the blender.

The nice thing about this is that it is so easy to clean. Just add some dish soap to the container you used for mixing and whir away and the blades will be cleaned.. Just wipe the molded plastic case and hang up to dry....

ken