PDA

View Full Version : Daily Menu Thread Mon 11/19

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

essjay
Mon, Nov-19-01, 00:17
Great ideas keep showing up on these threads!!!
Thanks everyone!

Post your menus here! Enter either what you ate yesterday or what you plan to eat today. Please let's give newbies and oldbies some good "food for thought" and ideas.

HELP THE CAUSE!!!!Don't keep your good ideas to yourself!
:nono:

Me: Plan: Atkins (gearing up to do CKD)
Phase: Went off low carb for a day so I'm going to do Induction for a while
Variation: I try to do 5-6 small meals a day to keep metabolism up and insulin steady

Meal One: Soft Boiled Eggs
Meal Two: Omelet with cheese and bacon
Meal Three: bacon (left over from meal 2) cheeseburger
Meal Four: Chicken on a bed of lettuce with some oil and vinegar
Meal Five: Hard boiled eggs and salami

nsmith4366
Mon, Nov-19-01, 17:43
7:30am
Scrambled egg with extra eggwhites - 2

12pm
Remainder of turkey meatballs, 1 cup spinach, 1 T mayo, 2 HB eggs........5

5pm
A good biteful of Orange Roughy(snack)

7pm Cod/mayo - salad ---5
Almond butter 1 T.....3

Carbs 15

cyntalkalo
Mon, Nov-19-01, 18:21
Meal 1: pumpkin mock danish
meal 2: BLT 1/2 sf jello w/cream cheese & splenda
snack: handful of mixed nuts (no peanuts)

late afternoon was naughty had 2 pieces of Whitman Chocolates at work :thdown:

Meal 3: quiche

nsmith4366
Mon, Nov-19-01, 18:32
Cyn, I think you didn't eat a big enough breakfast....led to your little "sin" at work...nice rebound with the quiche later on though. Stick with the plan.
Nsmith4366

AngelaR
Mon, Nov-19-01, 19:05
Too tired to do the whole day, but wanted to share an interesting veggie dish. Got the idea from Karen's delicious dinner posted in yesterday's thread.

Steamed asparagus tossed with browned chopped up bacon and fried onions, a bit of butter, then topped with a few slices of swiss cheese and broiled in the oven until the cheese melted. The browned up bacon gave the asparagus a nice crunchiness.

alto
Mon, Nov-19-01, 19:07
Neither a banner nor imaginative day.

Plan: PPLP/Schwarzbein-esque (meaning, I've never done a perfect Scharzbein day. A man's reach must exceed his grasp, else....)

Breakfast: 4 slices bacon

Midmorning: small apple with peanut butter

Lunch: filet mignon, green beans with butter

dinner: Hmm. I should have dinner, shouldn't I? Hungry, but no appetite. (probably leftover chicken thighs)

Natrushka
Mon, Nov-19-01, 19:20
Nothing terribly interesting, but I did take some day old (2 day old?) cauliflied rice and mix it up with some chicken marinated in garlic and pan fried. Made a nice mock chicken cauliflied rice. Also came to the realization that if you used enough cold coffee in a vanilla protein shake it doesnt taste like pancake batter :p

Nat