PDA

View Full Version : Lost recipe for jello snack

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LCSue
Fri, Nov-02-01, 11:25
Hello everyone,

Some time ago a member posted a recipe for a jelly snack, like gummies. It was made with sugarfree jello and Knox gelatin. I've lost my copy and have searched for the post under 'jello', 'Knox gelatin', and 'gummies', but no luck. Also checked the recipe section and the dessert posts. I think it was just a post in the middle of another topic.

Does anyone have this recipe that they could re-post, or can you give me a clue as to what keywords to post in the Search?

Thanks in advance,
Sue

itsjoyful
Fri, Nov-02-01, 13:08
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13610&highlight=gummy+worms

don't know if this will really get you there, but i did a search for gummy worms and this came up. the recipe is there. i think it was "late night snacks.
thanks for reminding me, i wanted to make them too!!

TF19310
Fri, Nov-02-01, 16:15
After 8 days I was having a strong craving for sweets so I tried the Atkins Breakfast Bar - Creamy Cinnamon Bun --YUM! YUM!!! It totally cured the craving and my appetite was satisfied longer by adding these in my diet.

In my opinion they are much better than some of the other low carb bars out there.

They are available at The Vitamin Shoppe stores.

No Sugar Added, 2 Carbs for the whole bar and loaded with vitamins according to the label. $5/box of 5.

I've been eating 2 a day. Is this ok? I'm still losing weight, as I'm not as hungry after having one.

LCSue
Fri, Nov-02-01, 17:50
Originally posted by itsjoyful
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13610&highlight=gummy+worms

don't know if this will really get you there, but i did a search for gummy worms and this came up. the recipe is there. i think it was "late night snacks.
thanks for reminding me, i wanted to make them too!!

That's the one, thanks. Can't believe I forgot they were called gummy worms :o . Now, if I can just figure out how to make licorice-flavoured ones ...

Holly
Fri, Nov-02-01, 18:43
TF

Careful with the bars. They are responsible for many a downfall on this woe. You should run it through the hidden carb meter, they are chock full of them... closer to 18 or so than 2. OUCH. They are easy to use and kind of fun, but they arent good for most people.

I attribute my backslide this spring to the bars. At first they were a lifesaver, going to school and working is tough and planning ahead for meals was difficult, so I started using the bars... next thing you know I started relying on them because it sure was easier than cooking all the time and thinking about how to tweak the woe. I ended up craving carbs again, I think that the sweetness of the bars had something to do with that too, that and the fact that I wasnt eating what I was supposed to be eating.

There are a number of people on here that will tell you that real food, not the fake stuff is the way to go. It stands to reason that we need to nourish our bodies and learn a new way to eat rather than stuffing easy stuff in and keeping with old habits...

I have learned my lesson for sure.

Holly

iceyfire77
Thu, Jun-03-04, 23:03
I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!

I love the Atkins Creamy Cinnamon Bun bars...and the new granola bars and the chocolate peanut butter and the chocolate coconut.
This is my trick to not overdoing it with the bars.
I buy three at the store at the beginning of the week. I never EVER use them on the weekends (there's no point, I can make something LC and sweet) and once the three are gone for that week, that's it. But I think my diet would be disasterous without them, because I just need that little bit of sweet and the Atkins ones don't have sugar alcohols...just glycerin.

Elsah
Fri, Jun-04-04, 07:22
That's the one, thanks. Can't believe I forgot they were called gummy worms :o . Now, if I can just figure out how to make licorice-flavoured ones ...

I would think you could probably figure out a way to make them just using unflavored jello and the anise extract. Might be worth playing around with the recipe to figure it out if you love licorice. (you would also need to add some sort of sweetener I am sure) :)