PDA

View Full Version : Substituting Sugar Twin Brown for brown sugar

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

slinky
Sat, Oct-27-01, 19:45
After much hassle, and many phone calls, I finally tracked down Sugar Twin brown sugar substitute. I want to start baking with it, but the package has some unsettling information.

First, it says that 1tsp=1tsp, then it says you may need to adjust depending on the desired level of sweetness. Secondly, it says it is not recommended in recipes that call for more than 1/2 cup !!

So what's the deal ? Has anyone tried a recipe with more than 1/2 cup and had any success ?

The recipe I want to try calls for 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar. I'd really like to try this without putting in a whole cup of the real stuff.

Any ideas ? Tips ? I've done a search online and there is literally no information on this !