PDA

View Full Version : snacks

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KimUK
Sat, Oct-20-01, 03:13
I am on day 1 of the induction 2 weeks and really need to know what snacks I can take to work. I usually have a yougurt and banana during break times, I am a teacher, I know these are banned but need ideas taking into account that many of the no carb snack things are not available over here.

Wish me luck
kimUK

irish
Mon, Oct-29-01, 10:19
i have 2 words for you: pork rinds !! they can be found in your supermarket's snack area.

irish

Lessara
Mon, Oct-29-01, 11:19
Pepperoni
Macadamia Nuts
Are my snack things :p

JeffMR
Mon, Oct-29-01, 11:59
My snack is pretty much the same as my lunch - a Ham and cheese sandwich ... A slice of cheese surrounded by two bits of ham!! :spin:
After a couple of days, you should feel less need to eat a snack.

gecolon
Tue, Oct-30-01, 14:01
salami rolled up with creme cheese in it. yum yum.
string cheese
slices of bacon
pork rinds
sugar free jello
pepperoni & cheese
hot wings
heavy whipping creme, creme cheese, splenda, vanilla and cocoa powder = chocolate heaven
spinach dip
crab dip
chicken,ham,tuna,egg or turkey salad
deviled eggs

joanne42
Tue, Nov-06-01, 21:24
I love to snack on deep fried chicken wings in hot sauce and caesar salad minus the croutons of course...or nuts...and like some of the others ham rolled around cheese.

kelw369
Thu, Nov-15-01, 22:35
I like the salami and cream cheese idea infact I need to get some cream cheese I know its good with ham too. I love the deviled eggs yum and I buy the cubed cheese monterey jack and colby cheese. And turkey slices anything low carb.

Kelly :wave:

gecolon
Tue, Nov-27-01, 16:30
Roasted peppers stuffed with cream cheese.

I like jalapenos stuffed with creme cheese.
You remove the seeds (the hottest part of a pepper)
stuff with cream cheese wrap in foil
back until the pepper is the way you like it.
********Make sure you wash your hands after handling the peppers. You could cause your self some serious pain, by rubbing you eyes with dirty pepper hands:(

Ruscod
Tue, Dec-04-01, 10:54
Has anyone tried Breakfast Meatballs? I just made them for the first time and they are fantastic.

2 lbs sausage
1 lb ground beef
3 eggs
2 tbs minced onion
1/2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Roll into 1-1/2" balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes. Makes about 50 meatballs. Freeze well after cooking for later use. (on the go snacks).

Per meatball (approx)
Calories: 87
Carbs: 0.137
Protein: 5.36

Hope you enjoy! :daze:
Let me know what you think. My sister in law just gave me the recipe. She's a LC gal too.

gecolon
Wed, Dec-05-01, 16:44
Oooh lala. Yum yum sounds good :)

Harley
Sun, Dec-09-01, 17:42
I make a 'sandwich' similar to Jeffs'. Alternate layers of chicken/turkey/whatever slices/pastrami type meat and cheese. Fry them then cut into small squares. Majorly yummy, not naughty, and filling. Also good for entertaining as they look nice with the different coloured layers. Put them on toothpicks, can add olives etc.
I also have this as a meal (not cut into squares though) with a fried egg on top or between the layers. Sometimes a dab of cream cheese too.

Enjoy :p

Harley
Sun, Dec-09-01, 17:44
Sorry, but what are deviled eggs? Ive heard of them but am not sure what they are.

gecolon
Mon, Dec-10-01, 11:36
Re my roasted stuffed jalepenos..... they should be baked not backed :)

Re devilled eggs; Boiled eggs which you split down the middle length wise, you scoop out the egg yokes and in a bowel you mix the egg yolks, mayonnaise, sweet relish, slivers of onion, and celery. You then fill the crevice of the egg white with the mixture and top off with paprika. Now for LC you omit the sweet relish. Some people only use mayo and yolks for the filling. Good stuff.

Harley
Mon, Dec-10-01, 11:41
Oh, stuffed eggs. Had them.
BUT, I prefer to mix mine in a bowl and not a bowel. ROFL :p
Yeuch what a mental picture Ive got rattling around now.
Thanks for the recipe though :thup:

BostonLou
Tue, Jan-15-02, 13:07
my favorite snack is water :)

but I may be a little twisted :)

carbavoidr
Fri, Jan-25-02, 20:52
Slim Jims and Mozzerella cheese sticks. you can by them in separate servings and they are ready to eat.

celery or green pepper with cream cheese

lunchable..toss the crackers

a low carb tortilla (la tortilla factory) rolled around any meat, cheese, or salad fixings. or spread them with cream cheese, a slice of ham, one of turkey, one of cheese, a touch of lettuce and roll up, cut into rings.

then you can sit there all smug and enjoy your snack and watch your buddies snarf that nasty starch. :yum:

Gwennie
Sat, Feb-02-02, 11:07
Smoked deli lunch meat ( budding meat in a packege is perfect) cream cheese and 1/4 of a dill pickle all rolled up. I call these pickle roll ups. It's our family's favorite potluck thing. also what about little smokies.

carbavoidr
Mon, Feb-04-02, 17:31
Try cutting the end off a medium cuke, scoop out the innards to make a tunnel almost all the way through, then pack that tunnel with tuna salad, or egg salad, peel the cuke and slice into rings. serve on very thin slices of sharp cheddar. or parmesan crackers. you can do this with the big dills too.
Jane

Tracern77
Wed, Feb-20-02, 19:58
Someone mentioned Salami with cream cheese. Ham is great wrapped with cream cheese too! A piece of ham with cream cheese, then rolled around a pickle (dills are 1 carb a piece) stick in a few tooth picks and cut into bit size the pieces. The pickle is great on the tast buds. Try it! :D

carbavoidr
Sun, Feb-24-02, 17:32
I found roasted and seasoned soy nuts in the HFS. not too bad and minus the fiber very carb efficient. I have trouble eating too many snacks. I swear I would eat clods of dirt, if it were in bite size pieces, and suggestions on how to manage portions?
thanks
Jane :wave:

susieH
Sat, Mar-02-02, 12:33
Pork rinds work for me......i bag them and keep them in my purse........car. I also keep a low carb dip and eat them while watching tv. I have hot and mild. I crumble the pork rinds up and put it in salads for croutons. There are alot of things you can do. I also crumble them up and put pasta sauce over it with some veggies.....I use Adkin's Ketchup and add spenda to sweeten it a bit more for the sauce. It tastes great. I love cheese and meet snacks also. I have tried different kinds of cheeses. I love the hot wings for a snack...they are great.....i make my own hot sauce. I drink plenty of water........after awhile..i don't really need a snack......you will find the same thing. I am going into week 2 and lost 7 lbs already......wow........everyone notices. My goal is 15 lbs. Good luck..... SueH

mimami4
Sat, Mar-02-02, 16:35
you can also snack on celery and cheese or cream cheese,mixed salad with shredded cheese and your favorite dressing, you could also had bits of ham to the salad.
maria

Jo-Ann 2
Wed, Mar-06-02, 07:27
-thinly sliced beef with cream cheese (garlic flavour) and chives warmed in micro a bit
-celery with cheddar down the middle and a dill pickle
-beef broth with grated mozzeralla in the bottom
-corn beef with cheese melted over it with ice tea
-lettuce leaf with salad in it, tuna,egg
-chicken warmed with tangy sour cream to dip it into
- cheese chips (micro grated cheese for two minutes and remove from the plate before it hardens) with sour cream and a little spicy salsa
and last but not least-chicken wings (watch the carb count of the sauce) and sour cream for dipping.
Food, yes I definitely love food.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann :wave:

odd sock
Wed, Mar-06-02, 07:56
- Korean nori (flavoured with sesame oil and salt)
- almonds, walnuts
- sugar-free peanut butter
- small bits of cheese, usually havarti, swiss, or mozzerella
- green tea, Mu tea, bancha tea
- baba gaoush with crudites
- fruit... 3 apricots are a LC serving!
- [and the apparent fav of many] ham with cream cheese

ortrudes
Wed, Mar-06-02, 11:25
I used to LOVE fried Mozzarella stix, but they are coated with breadcrumbs or flour.
Anyone know a substitute coating I could use?
I was thinking of crumbled bacon over an egg dip...haven't tried it though.
Trudy

angelfish
Thu, Mar-07-02, 00:26
Re: Mozzarella stix

How about using crumbled pork rinds to coat them with?

I like to to spread cream cheese on slices of ham with a green onion (long ways). Then roll up, slice into rounds, and we call them belly buttons.

When I'm feeling decadent I go for smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onion, and capers.

Angelfish :wave:

Jo-Ann 2
Thu, Mar-07-02, 07:33
I've heard a couple of ideas for coatings for these. You can use a egg wash and then into crumpled pork rinds like angelfish suggested. I've also heard of grinding up cooked chicken into a paste with a little egg and then wetting your fingers and pressing it onto the cheese (the author said it was very meesy but made a wonderful coating) chill in the fridge to make coating stick better then fry lightly.
Have you tried the cheese taco idea, you grate cheese into a frying pan and cook it til it is like a taco and then take it out of the pan and lay it over a rolling pin (do people still use these things, I have one that someone gave me for a wedding 12 years ago). Then you can fill it with your low carb goodies. Yes it is messy, but it is really a nice change from eggs.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann :wave:

BostonLou
Thu, Mar-07-02, 09:15
I tried to do the cheese taco in a frying pan thing but ended up with burnt cheese

what am i missing??

thanks

Jo-Ann 2
Thu, Mar-07-02, 10:56
Cheese has alot of fat in it so yes it does burn nicely. :(
I use a small frying pan, med - low heat . The oil will start to leave the cheese then before it browns but after it looks like cheece whiz remove the pan from the stove and slide it out. This may take a few tries to get perfect because every cheese has a different fat content and every stove heats differently.
Cheese chips are less likely to fail. Grate the cheese onto a plate or cut slices into flat squares and micro wave for 2 minutes on high (watch them, they should not be dark brown, but the outer edges change colour) then remove from the plate before they set. These are great with sour cream and a little salsa.
So sorry the first attempt was not a success, but once you get the recipe right it makes a sinfully legal snack.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann

DWRolfe
Thu, Mar-07-02, 11:25
I'm drooling reading these posts...

...can't wait to try my hand at coated cheese sticks. I run a bunch of pork rinds through the food processor all at once and keep them airtight in the fridge. Saves so much time later when using them for coating.

Thanks for the ideas!

Donald :wave:

carbavoidr
Thu, Mar-07-02, 17:11
I heard that pork rind as a coating can pop when deep fried, has anyone experienced that? I use egg and cream then dip it in a 50/50 blend of oat flour and gluten flour..it has about 36 carbs in a cup, and you don't need much, DH just freezes the cheese and tosses it in the oil without any coatings, (the outside gets crispy )he also uses a spanish cheese that does not "melt" either, I think its called Blanco? :p you could also stuff a hot pepper and toss it in oil without coating too. when the pepper is crisp the cheese is soft. wrapping a strip of bacon around a string cheese is a good idea too, I think I will try that one, like a hot dog when we were kids. :thup:
Jane

MistyBee
Thu, May-02-02, 16:56
I just can't seem to get my mind around pork rinds.

I've never tried them... of course I am very new to LCing!

What exactly is a pork rind made of??

http://www.smilies.nl/groot/stickfigure_woman.gif

Misty

debbie2002
Thu, May-16-02, 21:43
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ruscod
[B]Has anyone tried Breakfast Meatballs? I just made them for the first time and they are fantastic.

Thanks for the great idea!!! I can't wait to try it.

quilts4me
Tue, May-21-02, 12:43
This is my first post. I've been lurking for quite a while. I've been doing Atkins since April 1 (no fooling!). This forum has helped tremendously! Down 17 pounds.

My lunch today is sliced turkey with cream cheese and dill rolled up. Has anyone else tried Boar's Head deli meats? They have no preservatives, so no nitrates. Not sure about the salt content though.

Will head over to new members to start "talking" more

BostonLou
Tue, May-21-02, 20:32
boars head is delicious....i love their roast beef as well as the spicy meats that they have

not sure about the contents either but it sure is yummy :)

debbie2002
Fri, May-24-02, 19:49
Try the Boars Head Roast Beef, spread some cream cheese, roll and eat!
YUMMMMMY

Nushi
Wed, May-29-02, 13:22
I got this recipe from a non Atkins believer but tried it anyway.
Pretty good!

Get some parmesan that has been shredded (it doesn't matter by whom - you or the store) and drop it into a well heated non stick fry pan. I use about 1.5 tbsp per "cookie". Spread it out a little and let the bottom brown. When done use a spatula to flip the "cookie' and brown on the other side. Remove to plate and use any LC dipping sauce you like. I prefer some sour cream with a few bits of finely diced tomatoe and garlic.

Just a warning - they are a might salty so, not too many

If you try it and like it let me know.

Nushi

debbie2002
Wed, May-29-02, 20:41
:thup: JoAnn, thanks so much for posting the recipe for Cheese Chips. Just made my first batch and I have to say... WaHoo! This former tortilla chips and salsa adict sends you a big hug. :p

raindancer
Wed, Jun-05-02, 13:43
Hi all:)
I great some Great ideas off here Yummmmmmmy

As I make a Bee Line for the kitchen :wave:

carbavoidr
Thu, Jun-06-02, 09:33
mistybee;
If I remember my atkins right (HA) the pork rind is the skin of the animal, that has been rendered and fried leaving only the matrix of the skin intact. now, what that means I am not sure of. :rolleyes: but they have way way less fat and bad stuff than most people think, they are high in salt though. I used them alot when I first started too, everything from snacks to french toast. :eek: then as more low carb knowledge and product became available I use them less and less. they can be a great help while you are learning to eat a low carb life. people crush and season them for coating, crush and add cream and egg for french toast..which is not as nasty as it sounds.. and crush and use as filler for meatloafs and meatballs etc. they are not mandatory to LC. I use a blend of gluten and oat flour to coat things, and low carb bread from the HFS to have french toast, and just leave the filler out of the meatballs etc. they are a good tool. but I found that eating them as snacks I was snarfing down an entire bag and telling myself it was unlimited cause it was low carb..and that is where danger lays.. NOTHING IS UNLIMITED. period. you are trying to eat healthy and have chosen a healthy diet, now you have to learn how to apply it to your lifestyle and not continue to binge (my personal snack problem) and to slowly modify all the bad habits you have picked up into into healthy choices and knowledgeable living. This board will be a great help to you.
Best
Jane

quilts4me
Wed, Jun-12-02, 10:07
Wow,

Made the breakfast meatballs last night. Reminds me of an egg casserole my mom used to make. I always picked the sausage out, now I don't have to waste the rest of it. My doesn't-need-to-diet daughter loves them too!!

Thanks for the recipe!

Isabel
Fri, Aug-23-02, 21:40
Reading through this has made me hungry!

kellser
Tue, Sep-03-02, 15:19
For all of these yummy snack ideas. I love string cheese. It's really helping with the hunger pains but truthfully, as long as Im really low on carbs Im not hungry between meals. I like to make pinwheels which are close to what others on here are eating but a bit different.
Take a big piece of ham and put some american type cheese over it, then some cream cheese (herbed if you'd like) and roll 'em up. Stick in the fridge with some toothpicks and slice when cold. Yumm-didily- uptious!!
It always reminds me of my Mom's Irish parties when I was little because these were alway an appetizer, right nex to that big ol' weird cheese ball!

asugar
Mon, Nov-11-02, 20:55
One of my favorite snacks is peeled, sliced cucumber dipped in mayo! I put salt and coarsely ground black pepper on the cucumber slices, I know salt could be a problem for some, but my endocrinologist wants me using more salt due to low blood pressure! :D

BostonLou
Tue, Nov-12-02, 08:07
speaking of Cucumbers....I like to slice em up and then put them in Apple Cider Vineger with lots of pepper and some salt

has a nice bite :D to it

Karina
Fri, Nov-15-02, 07:11
After reading all these recipes I am starving and believe me I am going to give a few of these a try especially the cheese chips they sound deliciousssss.

Just another idea....instead of breadcrumbs I use parmesan cheese....

Karina :wave:

LBDropper
Sat, Nov-16-02, 16:25
Here are my snack ideas
- vienna sausages and potted meat (I found some with no carbs or sugar) - bacon - cheese - bacon and mayo wrapped in ham - natural peanut butter - cucumber

After the first week I didn't find like I wanted to snack much. A lot of the time if I snack I use small portions of dinner, breakfast, or lunch food.

deze
Sun, Nov-17-02, 20:48
Another easy snack is homemade beef jerky.

If you have a food dehydrator it only takes about 6 hours of drying, get the butcher to slice the beef specifically for jerky and Voila, a great snack, that way you control what is put on it.

I can post a recipe if anyone is interested, I will have to dig it out....
d

UAGirl
Tue, Dec-31-02, 09:53
Oh my goodness, I cannot wait to try the breakfast meatballs. YUMMY!! They will be perfect at work after the gym!!

And they would be great with Au Jus gravy or sweet and sour (sugar free grape jelly and sugar free carb free ketchup)

As for the cheese sticks, I wrap my cheese in a lettuce leaf, and use an egg batter then dip into grated parm cheese. I usually use grated parm and romano as a filler if I'm not feeling the pork rind love. :)

lpioch
Fri, Jan-03-03, 14:42
The snack I'm about to mash up for myself as soon as I log off is an avocado!

Mash 1 avocado, sprinkle in either lemon juice or lime juice ... add salt if you want.

yum yum!
(legal for those who can subtract their fiber carbs)

anjelica
Sat, Jan-11-03, 19:00
Thanks for all the great snack ideas! I just started LC'n and so far I have had no problems but a friend that is doing it with me is struggling. She was a BIG bread eater before and has done great without eating all that bread! so even tho she has "cheated" on other things i guess ditchin the grains was a huge step.

personally I am not much of a bread person so that part has been easy for me! lol

pink
Wed, Jan-15-03, 16:14
I am one and a half weeks into no starch, no sugar, no fruit - only protein, vegetables, fat and water. I have committed to two weeks of this, which comes to an end on Sunday. I don't know what to do next. All that aside...
One of my favorite snacks is peanut butter stuffed into a celery stick...crunchy and just enough sweetness. Besides being kosher, I am allergic to dairy products, so I have to be creative. If you want to really taste something exceptional - dip a chicken cutlet into egg and then into ground walnuts, almonds or pine nuts...makes a great tasty crust. Mix the almonds with some fresh ginger and you have an Asian flavour, with pine nuts add cumin, cinnamon, cayenne and turmeric and you have a Moroccoan specialty. There is no end to the experimentation!
This is a great thread :yum: , thanks for being here.
Love & Light,
Pink :dazzle:

slawrie
Fri, Jan-17-03, 18:26
Hi quilt4me. Your name caught my eye. I'm a quilter (instuctor), and a new member as well. I checked out your profile, we are about the same age and height.
Check out my profile if you like. Got to go make dinner for hubby.
Made cabbage rolls without rice. Just meat, onions and salsa sauce....Hmmm. Should be interesting. Have a good L/C Day. Bye slawrie Chrysalis

janemarie
Fri, Jan-17-03, 20:45
Well, Hello!
These are all just fantastic ideas!

I'm starting my 5th week on induction, and I love it! I tried melted chedder on pork rinds the other day.

Oh, and to not feel guilty about those greasy fingers :daze:

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful snack ideas. I love this forum!

Jane :p

Kemss
Thu, Jan-23-03, 10:52
I use to eat Salami with Strawberry Cream Cheese or Pineapple (any of the fruit and flavored cream cheeses). These cream cheese are high in carbs :thdown:

I was really wanting some of this, when I decided to make some that were legal....

I used a pkg of Splendra added to a few tablespoons of Cream Cheese, then put some of the cream cheese mix in the salami, rolled them up and - TaDa a legal wonderful snack. :thup:

This might be a good snack for the SuperBowl coming up this weekend !

pokey one
Thu, Jan-23-03, 11:02
Saw this in another thread. Easy and quick to fix:

Spread out about 10 - 15 pieces of pepperoni on a stack of paper towels and nuke them in the microwave for about 40 seconds.

(If you like, put some mozzarella cheese on them before heating.)

Yum! But eat them right away--they don't taste nearly as good after about 20 minutes!

Kemss
Thu, Jan-23-03, 11:15
JANE - I was reading your post and you indicated that you have just started your 5th week on induction... you've lost 5 lbs? I started Jan 2nd (3 weeks) and have only lost ~ 8 pounds... and I am starting to get discouraged.

Seems like most people drop almost 10 pounds the first two weeks... I feel like I am a slow loser. Just wondering if by chance you are having a similar problem? I use the Sticks and they are either pink or purple, so I know I am doing something right... just feel like it is SLOW.

pink
Thu, Jan-23-03, 17:03
As you can see, by my stats, I am a slow loser (I hate :mad: that terminology - I don't ever want to find them again) also. I gave away 6.5 the first week and 1.5 the second...my weigh day is Sunday, so I don't know what the third week will deliver. I have been eating protein, vegetables, fat and water. No sugar, no starch, no fruit. You can't measure success by someone else' tapemeasure. We are all different. I am writing this so I can see the words in pink for myself. It is hard. I was at H.O.W., a division of O.A. Everyone around me lost 100 lbs. in a year :eek: ...I lost 50 - not a happy camper. So, this time around, I am trying to look within myself and not at someone else' progress. I figure, as long as I am losing and not gaining, I am ahead of the game.

Love & Light,
Pink :dazzle:

Kemss
Thu, Jan-23-03, 17:40
YOU ARE RIGHT !

Thanks... sometimes I just need it pounded into me.... as long as the numbers are going down... that's what matters... and of course that I am feeling better than I have ever felt (more energy, not tired, sleeping good). I didn't get this way over night... so I guess I won't get skinny over night either. I am going to stop stepping on those scales morning, noon and night!

Thanks again!

Sharon Bau
Wed, Jan-29-03, 15:23
Try String Cheese, Ripums Cheese, Cream Cheese or Peanut Butter on Celery.
Good Luck

guest7
Fri, Feb-07-03, 22:19
I am new to this group today and as I am reading your posts I am having the best time I have had in a looooooong time. I especially got a kick out of the bowl/bowel typo. :clap: BTW, how do you get those personal pics and stuff posted up by your names? :q:

Iowagirl
Mon, Feb-10-03, 15:55
Keep posting, the pics will change. There is a forum here that explains it, somewhere near the bottom of the list of forums (could I be more vague?).
Great snack ideas!
I'm going home to have a sliced turkey/bacon lettuce wrap. (if I don't stop for cashews first - all this snack talk has made me hungry!).

snverge
Sat, Mar-22-03, 22:36
Hey All,

On the last page Kemss mentioned that they liked fruity flavoured cream cheese. I wonder if it would be good to add a little SF jam to it. Maybe I'll just have to try it myself to find out!

Thanx for all the good snack ideas, Nic :bhug:

LoserTrish
Tue, Mar-25-03, 09:59
Just thought I would share as a alternate to "sweet relish" you can use Vlasic DILL relish...1 carb per tablespoon (lots of relish) to add to your deviled eggs. I was looking for ideas for lunches too on the go...heard of a recipe where you take pepperoni and nuke it for 3 minutes on a plate with a paper towel on the bottom and one on the top.....cool..you have pepperoni "chips"
One more thing, i've discovered Diet Rite Tangerine..not available in all areas but it's delicious....and a great alternative (a nice sweet treat with the weather warming up)

Peace,
LoserTrish
:dazzle:

RealityS
Wed, Mar-26-03, 15:21
has anyone else tried celery sticks with pate? mmm... :yum:

also, wrapping sliced meat around marinated artichoke hearts.

alternative for the 'breakfast meatballs' (we call them 'baby burgers' in my family) is to use parmeasan cheese as a filler.

mavnan
Sun, Mar-30-03, 19:11
I live near Toronto and I can't find pork rinds. [Could be because I really don't know what they look like ] Does any one have any suggestions?

Looking forward to making the breakfast meatballs this week.

snverge
Mon, Mar-31-03, 11:03
I'm from BC, and we have them all over in my town (population 600). I find them in the chip section Old Dutch makes them. They are in a blue and clear bag. One of my grocery stores also has Porkys' Pork Puffs in another section by frozen food for some reason, but I think your best bet would be the chip section.

For a snack\desert I like to have SF Jello but instead of 1c. of cold water I use 1c. of cold whipping cream, it makes a nice cream pie like desert. I made strawberry last and it was like strawberry shortcake. Can also use cream cheese and cream but I haven't tried it yet!

:thup: Great thread!!! Nic :wave:

blue_eyes_
Sat, Apr-05-03, 21:47
I can't find sugar free jello in the grocery store. Just "no fat". I live in Wpg. Can someone give me example of what is written on the package and what stores to go to. Thanks in advance.

snverge
Sat, Apr-05-03, 23:36
Hi Blue_eyes_, :wave:

I'm in BC, I've found sugar free jello in our IGA and AG foods. In AG foods I found a safeway brand, and in IGA a jello brand. Both packages say they are "light" and sweetened with aspartame on the front of the box. They both have 0.1 g carbohydrates for a half cup serving.

:p Hope this helps, Nic :roll:

blue_eyes_
Sun, Apr-06-03, 22:07
Thanx Nic for the quick reply. I'll check my IGA out this week.

P_JANE
Tue, Apr-08-03, 09:31
Hi
I am in Alberta and and I get "light" jello at Safeway, it has no sugar but is sweetened with aspartame. Safeway also sells Hunt's Juicy Gels which are sugar free too. (they are prepackaged like puddings).

Avlev
Thu, May-29-03, 09:05
Best snack EVER has to be cream cheese with a little Splenda, some chopped nuts (I prefer almods) and a sprinkling of cinnamon all mixed together. So easy, and a delicious sweet treat

Iowagirl
Thu, May-29-03, 09:09
Try adding some sf syrup to that cream cheese.... :yum: